Mind blowing SEO improving and Google rank increasing Signature Rotator SEO Tool.

Thread: 

302 redirect Good or Bad for SEO ?

Ads
banner
banner
banner
antony Offline referral

I need a second opinion here a friend of mine redirected his URL.com to URL.com/something using .htaccess 302 redirect method so that now all the traffic entering through URL.com will be redirected to URL.com/something basically URL.com/something now acts as a landing page for all the traffic. My question, is this considered as something bad for SEO or it won't affect SEO and rating what do you think?
victor Offline referral

"302 redirect" is considered as only temporarily redirect so I don't think it will affect your SEO but if leave this redirect for a long time then it will eventually impact your SEO.
chod Offline referral

Posting Freak
Temporary redirects are meant for that just temp use. Say redirecting to a maintenance page. Not for perm redirecting. Use the proper redirection if its permanent. Also why would you even want to do that vs just changing your actual tld page?
www.AdminEmpire.com
www.BlimptonTech.com - Best Free Online JavaScript tool to minify JavaScript files.
maya Offline referral

Posting Freak
Instead of redirecting yoururl.com to some kind of landing page you can create a subdirectory or even a subdomain to achieve the same result but more SEO friendly way!
chod Offline referral

Posting Freak
a landing page can be done anyway the webmaster wishes. And is not really the thing brought up in this question. he is redirecting a tld landing to a different page, that is the wrong way to do what they are after, or appear to be after.
www.AdminEmpire.com
www.BlimptonTech.com - Best Free Online JavaScript tool to minify JavaScript files.
marcus_avrelius Offline referral

Support Team
Be very careful with 302 and 301 redirects because it looks like Google Panda and Penguin don't really like it. I suggest you to just switch directories so that you don't have to use any redirect!
antony Offline referral

Thanks guys I see that this can lead to some SEO issues, I will recommend a buddy of mine to switch directories
chod Offline referral

Posting Freak
If you do it properly it will not effect SEO. DO things properly and in compliance either everything not just google and you dont have to worry about it.
www.AdminEmpire.com
invisibe_dude Offline referral

Posting Freak
Agree if ".htaccess redirect" is done correctly then you have nothing to wary about, just make sure you are not using it for "backdoor seo"
chod Offline referral

Posting Freak
The method you use has nothing to do with it's just using the proper "tag" you don't have to use htaccess to redirect.
www.AdminEmpire.com
destroyer Offline referral

(12-26-2013 11:01 AM)chod Wrote:  The method you use has nothing to do with it's just using the proper "tag" you don't have to use htaccess to redirect.

Thanks Chod could tell me what TAG do I have to use in order not to use .htaccess redirect ?
seo123 Offline referral

You can use this HTML 302 redirect meta tag.

Code:
<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="5; url=http://www.yoursite.com/newpage.html" />

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)