Mind blowing SEO improving and Google rank increasing Signature Rotator SEO Tool.

Thread: 

Adsense 970x90 performance

Ads
victor Offline referral

Does Adsense 970x90, Ad size really have better performance than other ad sizes?

Over years I have used many Adsense Ad sizes, 300x600 for a few months but it had very poor CTR and CPC. 336x280 seems to perform better, has better CTR and CPC is slightly higher on most monetized pages.

I have been using Adsense 970x90 Ad size for a few days but the problem I have it shows as a 728x90 Ad unit instead of 970x90.
Any idea why instead of Adsense 970x90 Ad, I am getting 728x90 Ad
maria Offline referral

Adsense 970x90 banner unit is a new Adsense Ad format and since the 970x90 Ad is a new format, not all advertiser's have image ads to fill that Ad size. Google Adsense notes that "advertisers will mainly see text ads in this format for now. Image and rich media ads that are enabled for the 970×90 size will initially show up as 728×90 display ads; as the inventory of image and rich media ads for the 970×90 ad units grow, more full-size display ads will be served"
letsplay Offline referral

To increase/improve AdSense CTR you can spend all the time in the world following other people advices or you can find that out on your own! Remember that whatever works for someone will not always work for you. Start by placing ads near hot spots on your website, if you run a popular blog and you have a lot of replies place and Ad unit near reply button, you have to identify hot spots and put AdSense there, leave it there for a few days then try another location, after a few days compare those location CTR. The common mistake people make is they look for "The Best Performing Banner Sizes for AdSense" but you need to use an Ad size that is most appropriate for your website! You have to make those ads as discreet as possible, what is the point to have AdSense 300x600 Ad unit (that has the highest CTR) when you can it clearly a mile away!
maya Offline referral

Posting Freak
Adsense 970x90 is huge! It is going to be much harder to blend it with your content!
marcus_avrelius Offline referral

Support Team
(07-15-2013 05:24 PM)Maya Wrote:  Adsense 970x90 is huge! It is going to be much harder to blend it with your content!

You right! AdSense 970x90 will also slow your website down and Google will penalize you for that. So I don't think it's a good format.

Best AdSense Ad Format

AdSense 468x60
AdSense 728x90
chod Offline referral

Posting Freak
Best sizes depend on many factors for each and every website. Just going off what size is best will not yield the highest results. Also the amount of Ads per page can drastically change the amount of clicks you give. If you give the impression all you care about is revenue from ads you will have less people click them. Making Ads appear as part of your natural context is important as well.

I do not see that size format slowing down your site as long as you set it up correctly, its using Googles bandwidth.

The two listed above me I never use, but that is because they do not fit the formatting of my layout across all my sites on the net at least the ones that still use AdSense.

@Victor you do not give enough information to properly say why you had poor performance on the sizes you stated.
www.AdminEmpire.com
www.BlimptonTech.com - Best Free Online JavaScript tool to minify JavaScript files.
maya Offline referral

Posting Freak
For now Adsense 970x90 Image/Rich Media, will be shown as 728×90 ad unit. Only Adsense 970x90 Text ads will be shown as 970x90 ad unit!
victor Offline referral

Ok then, I will stick with the Ad units I know perform well
maya Offline referral

Posting Freak
Why don't you compare Image/Rich Media and text ads performance? Also you can use Meta Tags properly to increase the number of relevant ads!

Then also you can use Section targeting
Code:
<!-- google_ad_section_start -->
YOUR PAGE CONTENT
<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Support Team
If you want relevant ads then you need to have a good quality and original content rich in keywords!!
maya Offline referral

Posting Freak
Also don't forget that if your PageRank is low then don't expect to have high CPC, and the most important thing here is to let Google decide what settings are best for your site don't alter any default settings because they have been tuned precisely to maximize earnings.
letsplay Offline referral

Adsense 970x90 ad unit was lunched long time ago so by now I am pretty sure you will get both image and text ads showing up for this unit. Many say big ad units tend to have higher CPC but the only way to know for sure is to test this bad boy out Wink
invisibe_dude Offline referral

Posting Freak
I don't recommend using big Ad unit as people can spot it right away. The best performing ad unit is "adsense 468x60 banner" its size is perfect to blended easily with any content!
antony Offline referral

Many say that big ad units tend to perform better in terms of CPC and CTR, but according to Adsense these are the "Most successful ad sizes"

336x280 Large Rectangle, 300x250 Medium Rectangle, 728x90 Leaderboard, and 160x600 Wide Skyscraper
maya Offline referral

Posting Freak
Most successful for who? Just because an ad unit has good performance on my site doesn't mean it's gonna perform good on all websites you need to test all AdSense ad units and find out which ad unit performs great on your site!

Support Team
I will test this ad unit for a few month and then I will post a report or short review!
Evanto Offline referral

(04-15-2014 10:09 PM)marcus_avrelius Wrote:  I will test this ad unit for a few month and then I will post a report or short review!

I will love to know your results marcus
ivan Offline referral

Looks like Google Adsense no longer use it! When checking Guide to ad sizes here:
https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/2953032?hl=en

You can clearly see a cross along 970x90 † this means this ad size is a history Smile

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)