Mind blowing SEO improving and Google rank increasing Signature Rotator SEO Tool.

Thread: 

Change Domain

Ads
banner
banner
banner
saeed2060 Offline referral

Hi to all

I have a question for change domain ... i used mybb

i have change my domain and after change i have move myb forums from root(public_html) to root/forum and install wordpress on root.

With these changes , How can i Optimization my new domain and help to search engine for know my new domain ?

Does the offer anybody?

Thanks
surenot Offline referral

Was your previous domain name indexed by Google? If you still have the access to your old domain name then you can use .htaccess 301 redirect method to redirect all traffic from your old domain name to your new one.

I am afraid you have to do it all over again!
Submit your site and it's sitemap to Google
marcus_avrelius Offline referral

Support Team
You have to use 301 .htaccess redirect the otherwise you will run into duplicate content issue! Or you have to use rel="canonical" canonical URL.

Install SEO plugin it adds canonical URL automatically to all threads but you would have to add it to the rest of your site manually!

Code:
<link rel="canonical" href="http://newdomain.com/forum-something" />

Add rel="canonical" to forumdisplay template and index template.
invisibe_dude Offline referral

Posting Freak
Does your forum have lots of content like topics/threads or posts? If you only have a free threads or posts then don't wary about duplicate content Smile Unfortunately you have to start from scratch building your rankings and doing an extensive on-page and off-page optimization even if you redirect traffic from your old domain it will not help your new domain SEO it will help creating new content though!
whatsapp Offline referral

How is you SEO knowledge?
seo123 Offline referral

You have to use canonical URL as soon as possible else you will get hit by Google Panda or Penguin for duplicate content. Don't recommend redirecting one domain name to another because you will redirect more than traffic! If your old domain name had SEO issues or Google penalties then you will redirect that negativity to your new domain will hurt your SEO for sure!
saeed2060 Offline referral

Oh ... Thanks for reply to my post

About "301 .htaccess redirect" I don't know what should I do !!! can anybody help me to this ??

if i use this code :
Code:
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www\.olddomain\.com$
RewriteRule ^/?$ "http\:\/\/www\.newdomain\.com\/" [R=301,L]

is complete for this ??

I submit my old domain to google, yahoo, bing, alexa, baidu, ask, and etc. but i not submit my new domain to any body search engine and i submit new domain to any search engine soon.

and i am a designer and know how can SEO theme templates but don't know how can SEO for domain.

Thanks for reply my post.
seo123 Offline referral

Please refer to this topic for more info about 301 redirect
surenot Offline referral

Does your new forum have some content or not?

P.S. SEO doesn't apply to domain name but rather to entire site including templates!
seo123 Offline referral

(03-22-2014 09:14 PM)SureNot Wrote:  Does your new forum have some content or not?

P.S. SEO doesn't apply to domain name but rather to entire site including templates!

First off all he needs to submit his new domain name or site to the search engine including sitemap then he needs to add rel="canonical" tag to all URLs to avoid get penalized for duplicate content then spend most of the time doing on-site optimization. I mean this is a new site haven't been even submitted to Google you need to start from scratch it's not going to happen overnight man be patient SEO takes time!

Feel free to ask your SEO related questions here!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)