The single most important thing for a small business to include in its marketing plan is a very clear understanding of its customers and its competitors
1. Develop a very clear and focused insight into why a potential customer would use your business.
2. Identify your target customers.
3. Identify competitors that would also want your target customers.
4. Write down your brand-positioning statement for your target customers.
5. Incorporate multiple channels into your marketing plans, such as:
Social media marketing become an essential part of businesses' marketing plans. Businesses that have yet to realize the opportunities that Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn and other networks provide them are missing out. Even though the concept of social media marketing may overwhelm certain small business owners, the process does not need to be a challenge, as more services and companies are popping up more and more frequently.
"Figure out where your customers are spending their time and set up shop on those platforms"
"Develop a content strategy that can be executed internally, then execute your strategy by posting branded content on your selected platforms. While all three steps are key, the biggest one is really determining if your customers are on these platforms."