Mind blowing SEO improving and Google rank increasing Signature Rotator SEO Tool.

Thread: 

Do social media sharing buttons bad for SEO and slow the website?

Ads
banner
banner
banner
zorro Offline referral

Is it true that social media buttons are bad for SEO cause they slow the website down I mean increase the load time which seems to be important?

I always thought they were beneficial.
marcus_avrelius Offline referral

Support Team
Yes since every social media button has to connect to it's own outside database grab information and then return it, which means that it will slow the website rendering increasing it's load time. And any website that has long response time or takes a long time to load will be penalized as for Google SEO websites that load slow means the are not very user-friendly.

The solution is to add any non essential JavaScript at the and of the source code and use asynchronous code. Alternatively you can show the buttons on hover or on scroll.
randiv Offline referral

(05-04-2015 03:21 PM)marcus_avrelius Wrote:  Yes since every social media button has to connect to it's own outside database grab information and then return it, which means that it will slow the website rendering increasing it's load time. And any website that has long response time or takes a long time to load will be penalized as for Google SEO websites that load slow means the are not very user-friendly.

The solution is to add any non essential JavaScript at the and of the source code and use asynchronous code. Alternatively you can show the buttons on hover or on scroll.

Thanks, i completely agree with you.
KevinMax Offline referral

I agree with Marcus comment, but social media buttons helps to increase the shares, tweets, votes...which obviously gives you positive impact on social media websites (if you've strong connections)....Increases traffic - Google loves when you've social media interactions.
marcus_avrelius Offline referral

Support Team
@Kevin baby I didn't mean to say that they are bad and you have to get rid of them. Instead I was focusing more on finding the way to make them load fast and don't slow the website down.

Social media share buttons are must have as they improve social media signals which is one of the key factors in SEO.
KevinMax Offline referral

@Marcus, I just stated what you missed to say..No fights Smile LOL
hmmricha Offline referral

First - Social media button is not at all bad for SEO.
Second - It's not like if you install social media button only, then it will slow your website.

If you install any third party plugins - they do have some impact on your website speed. So assign more bandwidth to your website and find other alternative to speed up your website.
sheenagoyal13 Offline referral

No, its not bad for SEO. social media button is useful to connect the social media signals which are increase the publicity of your business.
Fullstopseo Offline referral

Call to action buttons increase clicks, at least on pictures posted on Facebook. But, I agree they slow loading. I never use them. I just cut and paste the link in my twitter account. I don't really mess with them.
Full Stop SEO
An Oklahoma City SEO firm helping small businesses succeed since 2015.
I post helpful articles about search engine optimization each week.
weezlyhost Offline referral

no its not, it helps to increase traffic to your website.
Jessica Offline referral

They are not at all bad for SEO, and they also do not slow down the speed of the website.
earnrupee Offline referral

yes ! i faced the same problem , social networking specially custom made they are very slow... my site was slow so i changed the small size icons now my sites is gear up the speed from earnrupee
foduu1 Offline referral

yes, it increase the bounce rate, and give the bad effect to google ranking.
evathomsan Offline referral

Thanks for sharing this article so I think only say about adding or changing the placement of social sharing buttons has worked for many companies in the past. You can also use screenshot that the social sharing the buttons.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)