Mind blowing SEO improving and Google rank increasing Signature Rotator SEO Tool.

Thread: 

Does Google tolerate duplicate content on forum sites?

Ads
dude Offline referral

There is no doubt in my mind we all know that duplicate content is pretty bad for SEO and Google will penalize any website that has a large amount of it. BUT what about forum sites they hare known to have lots of duplicate text does Google penalize them too?
marcus_avrelius Offline referral

Support Team
Yes forum or not repeated content is bad and is penalized. However on forums it's a bit harder to control it so Google tolerates forums more than other sites.
dude Offline referral

In other words you can post duplicate content on discussion forums?
KevinMax Offline referral

May be, We can't post duplicate content (but duplication is happening...one of the reasons)

1. It's not the main intention for users to post the same thread in 2 or more forums, Forum starters doesn't really know the right forums to get their issues solved. So they parallel y take 5-7 forums and post the same thread in all the forums.

2. I seen that, New forums Administrators itself open the thread which is asked in other popular forums.
maxwebinc Offline referral

I think Google is not excluding the forums on their content sweep. But in the case of forums, it is kinda hard to determine whether there are duplicate postings, unlike with articles and websites. But just to be safe, do not duplicate posts, replies, and contents.
Dexsmart Offline referral

You can post yes, but that's why some boards are so moderated to eliminate spam and to avoid duplicate! It's a war going on against that. I personal think that everybody could write 2-3 good lines instead doing a copy-past.
Linkbuildingoffice.com - Houston Local SEO Agency and Inbound Marketing Services | @Lbuildingoffice
surenot Offline referral

Running a forum is quite difficult cause of constant spamming. Not all users on forums are there to lean and to teach many are there to spam or to post useless content. This makes it very hard for moderators to do their job. As Google has its own forums they know that and go easy on forums.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)