Mind blowing SEO improving and Google rank increasing Signature Rotator SEO Tool.

Thread: 

Domain extensions com net org?

Ads
banner
banner
banner
ladiesman217 Offline referral

Does domain name extension matter in internet marketing? I see most of the websites are .com but why what if I register .net or .org will that have a negative impact on the whole process?
marcus_avrelius Offline referral

Support Team
Well most people are used to .com so it's better to have this extension BUT generally speaking it doesn't matter what matters is the content.
surenot Offline referral

I personally see domains others than .com as low tech. .com was always related to internet marketing so I suggest you to get one.
KevinMax Offline referral

No matter what your extension is, When you become a "BRAND".

.com domains are very popular because most of the businesses are running in them without any problem. This doesn't mean that the .net and .org domains are not effective.
  • The well-known document sharing website with .net extension: slideshare.net
  • The most ever fabulous dictionary with .org extension: wikipedia.org
If you're targeting country specific then go with .co.uk(United Kingdom), .co.th(Thailand), .in(India).
seo123 Offline referral

I also believe this has very low impact on your eCommerce. As @KevinMax already mentioned above what more important is your name AKA Brand.
vinzleft Offline referral

Generally if you are beginner and want to brand yourself, it is advicable to use .com. Because it's a the most popular TLD. But as mentioned above it's about content and promoting your site.
ladiesman217 Offline referral

I also believe .com is viewed as more authority domain name.
wellsworld Offline referral

it all depend on the content of the website you are wanting to set up. in general .com is mostly use compare to the others due to their more specific uses.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)