Welcome Guest. If this is your first visit, please make sure you check-out the FAQ. To post you have to REGISTER. Let us share our thoughts, views, and experiences on this forum. Join our fast growing community of SEO & Internet Marketing experts. It's Totally Free how cool is that!
Notice:
Sell/advertise products and services absolutely for free with letsforum advertising and marketplace! More Details

Thread: 

Google AdWords Keyword Tool – How to use

Share This Thread share
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Google Plus
  • Stumbleupon
  • Digg
  • Reddit
  • Pinterest
  • Linkedin
Subscribe to this thread share Subscribe
07-05-2013, 08:28 PM
Google AdWords Keyword Tool – How to use
Google AdWords Keyword Tool is a great tool to use if you know to use it, so lets see what is it!

What is a Keyword?
A keyword is a word or a short phrase that describes a website topic or page.

Google AdWords Keyword Tool does it help?
If you want your website to found by Google search engine, you have to use strong keywords in your website titles and website text. These keywords should realistically describe your site. Keyword Tool is mainly used by webmasters to improve their search engine optimization.

How Google AdWords Keyword Tool Work?
Type in a word or phrase, or website name. Keyword Tool will show you a list of similar keywords and a count of how often each word is searched on a global level or you can choose a specific country, also you'll see competiton column that shows how competitive that keyword is for advertisers.

Who uses AdWords Keyword Tool?
Webmaster use Keyword Tool to find best keywords to increase their website Search Engine optimization SEO.

Advertisers that are trying to advertise on Google are using Google AdWords and Keyword Tool is a part of Google AdWords program. Advertisers use Keyword Tool to find the most appropriate keywords to bid on for top ad placement on search pages.

Webmasters that are making money with Adsense use Keyword Tool to optimize their content in order get most of the traffic from search engine thus increasing Adsense income!

Google AdWords Keyword Tool
Quote this message in a replyReply
07-12-2013, 03:32 PM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2013 03:33 PM by letsplay.)
I want to start a website to make money online, and I know that the best way is to write about something people are looking for. I used Google search but can't really find adsense highest cpc keywords. Can adwords keyword tool tell me which is adsense highest paying cpc keyword? And do I need to have Google Webmaster Tools to access adwords keyword tool?
07-12-2013, 10:32 PM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2013 10:37 PM by Maya.)
Adwords keyword tool simply shows you how many times a keyword is searched globally or locally "locally mean you specify a country" monthly. Also Adwords keyword tool let's you know how compatible that key word is, this is mainly used by advertisers to determine how much money they need pay for a click. The higher the competition the more money a lick will cost. For instance your keyword "how to make money" returns:

Competition: Low
Global Monthly Searches: 4,090,000
Local Monthly Searches: 2,240,000 - United States
Get traffic to your website-blog very cheap almost for free!
07-14-2013, 03:43 PM
Can't Find CPC in Google Adwords Keyword Tool
07-14-2013, 03:56 PM
CPC doesn't display by default on Google Adwords Keyword Tool you have to enable it!
1. Just go to keyword tool, on the right side of the screen you will see "columns"
2. Click on "columns" and checkmark "Approximate CPC (Search)" that will enable the CPC column.
Sell, Buy, Trade For Free: Marketplace - Advertising
Check website Google PR: PageRank Checker
07-15-2013, 05:28 PM
Looks like Adwords Keyword tool will no longer be available for general public! This is what Google says: "In the coming months, the external Keyword Tool will no longer be available. To get keyword ideas, sign in to your AdWords account"
Get traffic to your website-blog very cheap almost for free!
07-17-2013, 12:03 PM
No Avatar
(07-15-2013 05:28 PM)Maya Wrote:  Looks like Adwords Keyword tool will no longer be available for general public! This is what Google says: "In the coming months, the external Keyword Tool will no longer be available. To get keyword ideas, sign in to your AdWords account"

I think this is actually a good thing. Too many people trying to manipulate the search results. Now it might actually be that the best quality information is ranked first, which should have always been the case.
07-18-2013, 04:23 AM
So is it better to begin targeting keyword that is searched a lot or the one that is not searched to often? My keyword is make money, using AdWords Keyword Tool I get like 2.000.000 searches from United States.
07-23-2013, 08:36 PM (This post was last modified: 07-23-2013 08:37 PM by chod.)
(07-18-2013 04:23 AM)victor Wrote:  So is it better to begin targeting keyword that is searched a lot or the one that is not searched to often? My keyword is make money, using AdWords Keyword Tool I get like 2.000.000 searches from United States.

Unless you know the low traffic keywords convert better than high traffic ones then use the low traffic ones. Though also the use of low traffic ones means you can quickly go up in serps since there is less competition and if you do it all correctly you can move up very fast. What you want are good CTR numbers regardless of the amount of traffic they are bringing in. I have some keywords I use that only generate around 1,000 searches world wide, but my CTR is over 8% on those Smile

Another trick to lower your costs in AdWords is to get a quality score of above 7/10 anything from that point up to 10/10 will not only lower your costs but your CTR will increase and you will get even better quality traffic from google. Also 10-20 highly tuned keywords to your landing page AND the Ad itself. Also learn how to make dynamic Ad's on Google. The use of dynamic Ads "properly" will be a sure fire way to increase CTR

Never make judgments on keyword quality for an Ad, until you have at least run the Ad for 2 weeks AND you have been using analytics the entire time. I use a combination of Google Analytics and Piwik. The reason I use both is by using GA with your AdWords will help you in the long run with quality score and a few other things, but GA lacks in some areas. Also Google is now getting shady on passing keywords to other analytics software, so you can get more keyword data from Google campaigns for the time being and fill the missing info to Piwik. It is nothing consistent on why it Google will forward some keywords and not others. So to make up for what it lacks in I use Piwik. I then compare the data between both analytics and from the keyword performance. Also if you are using analytics you need to use incoming links so you can further get every bit of information for ad placement rank and on and on.
07-23-2013, 09:03 PM
Great post Chod! Listen I have recently noticed "mute this ad" on AdSense Ads. This is what AdSense says:
"Mute ads on the Display Network that you don't want to see. Muting an ad blocks it and other ads that use the same web URL (either the website domain or specific pages) from being shown to you. "Mute this ad” is available on a large number of image ads."
I am wondering how that will affect you as an advertiser and me as a publisher?
07-25-2013, 08:14 PM
(07-23-2013 09:03 PM)Maria Wrote:  Great post Chod! Listen I have recently noticed "mute this ad" on AdSense Ads. This is what AdSense says:
"Mute ads on the Display Network that you don't want to see. Muting an ad blocks it and other ads that use the same web URL (either the website domain or specific pages) from being shown to you. "Mute this ad” is available on a large number of image ads."
I am wondering how that will affect you as an advertiser and me as a publisher?
I think that will have a much greater impact on your end as a pub. Say your site X is what your are running currently. I see site X on my ads all the time and I go to your site and I see something I do not agree with either personally or for whatever reason. I would then go back and pause you. So unless your Ad's are bringing me the vast majority of my clicks then it would have little to no effect on me as the advertisers, which I can then influence my end users further to what I see fit. All these types of features will always have a greater impact on the publisher of the Ad's than that of the person just showing Ad's.

Other than what you mentioned you can also go in and deselect entire channels. Which is how I generally go about it because I can fine tune the Ad's without even knowing what will give me good results and tune it to the audience that frequents where I show my Ad's.

Personally I see more people doing mixed methods now instead of just Adsense as many people are having horrible experiences with Google, especially n00bs trying to get into the game.
07-26-2013, 04:35 AM (This post was last modified: 07-26-2013 04:38 AM by Maria.)
Thanks chod, I am wondering if this can be used against publishers, like you know to create suspicious behavior, if someone clicks on "Mute this ad" on your website would this be perceived by Google as a red flag?
07-26-2013, 08:24 AM
I highly doubt that would be a red flag to Google, at least as long as there is no direct pattern their algo's pick up on. To be honest I have not read the terms and conditions on that section as of yet and I know they just published some other changes in the terms.

The next few month are going to be very interesting for sure.
07-26-2013, 05:57 PM
So what exactly this AdWords Keyword Tool does?
07-26-2013, 07:04 PM
(07-26-2013 05:57 PM)ivan Wrote:  So what exactly this AdWords Keyword Tool does?

Start here AdWords Keyword Tool

Notice:

Guest posting is subjected to moderation!

Please REGISTER and add this and other posts to your user record. Being a user has many privileges. You can add signature, homepage, social media sites and much more!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)