Mind blowing SEO improving and Google rank increasing Signature Rotator SEO Tool.

Thread: 

Google & Bing verification file

Ads
banner
banner
banner
ivan Offline referral

I have submitted and verified my site to Google, Yahoo and Bing, I have used HTML file site verification method but now that my site is verified do I need to keep those files or I can delete them?
maya Offline referral

Posting Freak
You should keep that file because Google periodically downloads it to check for site verification
chod Offline referral

Posting Freak
Yes keep them or better yet get rid of the files and set up the verfication in your code Wink
www.AdminEmpire.com
www.BlimptonTech.com - Best Free Online JavaScript tool to minify JavaScript files.
maya Offline referral

Posting Freak
Well you can always use meta tag verification if you don't like HTML file verification
chod Offline referral

Posting Freak
(11-08-2013 05:27 PM)Maya Wrote:  Well you can always use meta tag verification if you don't like HTML file verification
That is exactly what I said just above you.
www.AdminEmpire.com
www.BlimptonTech.com - Best Free Online JavaScript tool to minify JavaScript files.
CharlesWillson Offline referral

No please do not delete them. Through these link they sent you report to your webmaster. Without that link it unable to process. These links are important for SEO and web report.
invisibe_dude Offline referral

Posting Freak
Yeah if you remove Google website verification file you will get a message on your webmaster tools account "site not verified" which is very bad for search engine optimization (SEO)
chod Offline referral

Posting Freak
You can delete them if you put the verification in the actual code, which is the cleaner way to go about it so it can be checked into the CVS of choice for your project.
www.AdminEmpire.com
maya Offline referral

Posting Freak
HTML file verification is safer that meta tag verification method because meta tag can be viewed by anyone when HTML file can't be so easily viewed!
chod Offline referral

Posting Freak
(11-20-2013 06:55 PM)Maya Wrote:  HTML file verification is safer that meta tag verification method because meta tag can be viewed by anyone when HTML file can't be so easily viewed!

Where is your proof that is the safer method? Neither is "safe" as you can get the info simply if you know what your doing. A properly crafted call to your URL and I have the file as simply as viewing source code. It is very basic.
www.AdminEmpire.com
sachin0990 Offline referral

Very useful information. Thank you for sharing it.
Thanks
maya Offline referral

Posting Freak
(11-22-2013 01:50 PM)sachin0990 Wrote:  Very useful information. Thank you for sharing it.
Thanks

You are very welcome we are glad it helped you
chod Offline referral

Posting Freak
(11-22-2013 06:36 PM)Maya Wrote:  
(11-22-2013 01:50 PM)sachin0990 Wrote:  Very useful information. Thank you for sharing it.
Thanks

You are very welcome we are glad it helped you

You still never answered how using the file is "safer" as you stated. I would really like to know how it is "safer" and not just your preference.
www.AdminEmpire.com
maya Offline referral

Posting Freak
What I was trying to say is that there is no need to show your Google verification number to everybody, by using HTML verification file you keep this stuff private and no one should know about this!
chod Offline referral

Posting Freak
(11-23-2013 07:32 PM)Maya Wrote:  What I was trying to say is that there is no need to show your Google verification number to everybody, by using HTML verification file you keep this stuff private and no one should know about this!
Again how can you keep it "private" by using the file? It is not more "private" in a file than it is in your code base.

Post your URL and I will post your verification number from your "private" verification file LOL.
www.AdminEmpire.com
invisibe_dude Offline referral

Posting Freak
Chod if you upload your Google HTML verification file to your web server then nobody will ever know about its existence and the fact that you have your site submitted to Google
chod Offline referral

Posting Freak
(11-24-2013 01:39 PM)invisibe_dude Wrote:  Chod if you upload your Google HTML verification file to your web server then nobody will ever know about its existence and the fact that you have your site submitted to Google

If you're so sure no one will know about this file. Post your URL. Not a direct link to the file, just your URL. And I promise you I will get and post that file on here for all to see!!! The only way to keep me from getting it would also prevent Google.

If you know the URL you can easily find where you put it and what its named. It super simple to do.

And what is it that you guys think will happen if someone sees this file?
www.AdminEmpire.com
maya Offline referral

Posting Freak
That file really represents nothing but I just like to keep this stuff private as much as I can.
chod Offline referral

Posting Freak
(11-25-2013 01:59 PM)Maya Wrote:  That file really represents nothing but I just like to keep this stuff private as much as I can.
You're on the net? Privacy? HA!

So then why claim it is more "secure" your personal preference on how to serve information Google wants (Who also suggest using the meta tag solution over the file). Preferences do not make something secure, while preferences can lead to something more secure, it will never be a for sure thing.

You really should learn what the word actually means so it gets used in a proper context and others do not misinterpret your claims and can easily do their own research and find the same information you have and come up to their own conclusion on the subject.
www.AdminEmpire.com
marcus_avrelius Offline referral

Support Team
Guys I think that question has been already answered YES you should keep the file on your server and it is a matter of personal preference either you wanna use meta tag or HTML verification!!!!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)