Mind blowing SEO improving and Google rank increasing Signature Rotator SEO Tool.

Thread: 

How Wikipedia makes money?

Ads
banner
banner
banner
antony Offline referral

I am wondering how Wikipedia makes money to pay for everything? I don't see any advertising at Wikipedia site so they obviously don't make money with advertising, can anybody shed some light on this topic?
invisibe_dude Offline referral

Posting Freak
Wikipedia is not a commercial website so they rely on donations for financial support.
chod Offline referral

Posting Freak
Or you could have just gone to Wikipedia and found out the exact information from the source.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:C...s_-_Donors

Come on man step up your questions.
www.AdminEmpire.com
www.BlimptonTech.com - Best Free Online JavaScript tool to minify JavaScript files.
marcus_avrelius Offline referral

Support Team
I am wondering how much do it cost to maintain all that Wikipedia stuff, must cost a fortune.
chod Offline referral

Posting Freak
Read the page that was linked to. It tells you the size of the company and the needs they have. If you want to learn more about there is more detailed information available.
www.AdminEmpire.com
www.BlimptonTech.com - Best Free Online JavaScript tool to minify JavaScript files.
antony Offline referral

Chod it doesn't say how much money Wikipedia needs or spends to run the site
chod Offline referral

Posting Freak
I never said it did, you seem to skim responses most of the time. I said it will tell you the SIZE of the company and the NEEDS that company has. You know such as computing power, office, staff, things like that. If you really want to figure out how much money it spends, you would have to dig into the tax info and what not. But like i ALSO stated there is more detailed information available, YOU just have to do the research on YOUR part, or someone else has to do it for you. But they also do actively state when they are in dire need of X amount of dollars to keep running for X more months. They deserve much more in donations than they get that is for sure.
www.AdminEmpire.com
maya Offline referral

Posting Freak
I don't care how much money they need to run their website as long as I get what I need from them for free!
chod Offline referral

Posting Freak
(10-30-2013 02:01 PM)Maya Wrote:  I don't care how much money they need to run their website as long as I get what I need from them for free!
And with enough people having the give me everything free cause I am entitled to it attitude will only speed the demise of things like Wikipedia.
www.AdminEmpire.com
cash_flo Offline referral

pure donations have you been on it recently they've been begging for money or their going down
maya Offline referral

Posting Freak
Yeah I think this looks not very user friendly. I know Wikipedia is the best but come-on when I see that messages on top of the screen asking me for money I just want to get out of there looks really bad!
chod Offline referral

Posting Freak
(12-25-2013 02:32 PM)Maya Wrote:  Yeah I think this looks not very user friendly. I know Wikipedia is the best but come-on when I see that messages on top of the screen asking me for money I just want to get out of there looks really bad!

Then should not be using their resources if you can't help them survive. Pretty simple to me.

Nothing is free in this world. You don't feel all the information you have gotten from there is not worth $3?
www.AdminEmpire.com
maya Offline referral

Posting Freak
You right but why I have to pay for something when others are using it for free!!!!!
chod Offline referral

Posting Freak
(12-26-2013 04:42 PM)Maya Wrote:  You right but why I have to pay for something when others are using it for free!!!!!

Why should anyone get anything for free in general? Nothing is truly free in the end, so why would you feel entitled to something free? Why would you justify not helping something that has been of use to you, on the assumption that all others just dont do that. I personally make sure to give back to all the open source projects I am apart of or use that help me make my yearly income for all these years.
www.AdminEmpire.com

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)