Mind blowing SEO improving and Google rank increasing Signature Rotator SEO Tool.

Thread: 

How can I disable Youtube video auto quality setting

Ads
banner
banner
banner
antony Offline referral

I don't really know why YouTube added this auto video quality feature because it is just a pain in the ass it keeps changing all the time my internet connection is slow so I want to make video resolution like 240p or 360p top but it keeps switching to 480p and 720p WTF how to disable this setting it is really annoying me
marcus_avrelius Offline referral

Support Team
YouTube is going through a lot of changes so some features may not work very well. To disable auto quality go to your YouTube Account settings>>Playback>>Video playback quality there choose " I have a slow connection. Never play higher-quality video" option
maya Offline referral

Posting Freak
You have slow internet connection? Where do you live in the moon? LOL
Just kidding you can disable auto quality inside the YouTube player
victor Offline referral

YouTube auto quality setting is super annoying, it keeps jumping from one resolution to another even after I have set it to playback a specific quality.

Support Team
Have you tried going to settings and check "Never play higher-quality video" option
invisibe_dude Offline referral

Posting Freak
Video quality changes because you have it on "auto" to stop it from changing click on the "settings" icon and choose your video resolution!
maya Offline referral

Posting Freak
Dude it definitely takes care of the issue but sometimes it can cause the playback to freeze I mean no matter how you look at it, it just bad joke this auto video quality setting
victor Offline referral

Looks like the only way is the hard way! You have to manually set your resolution don't leave it on auto because if you do it will start jumping from one resolution to another!!

Support Team
If you have a good internet connection which most people have then it's not a problem. "Auto Video Quality" is a great feature and YouTube is not going to change it because a few users have a slow internet connection Wink

Posting Freak
Agree with you Marcus now the internet has sufficient speed for this feature to work properly, If you are using your neighbors WiFi then it probably won't work very well. Google had done extensive testing of this feature before implementing it on YouTube player Smile
letsplay Offline referral

Have you tried SmartVideo For YouTube it's an add-on for Firefox?

Posting Freak
I don't understand why not simply use resolution changer that YouTube has incorporated into their player?
antony Offline referral

(01-28-2014 04:02 PM)invisibe_dude Wrote:  I don't understand why not simply use resolution changer that YouTube has incorporated into their player?

I guess this is the only option available for now. The only reason I use YouTube is because of the music I use it to listen to the music and I don't really need high definition resolution I only need 144p tops Wink
antony Offline referral

I think it's better to get faster internet and stop waiting my time and energy on trying to "disable Youtube video auto quality setting" Smile
maya Offline referral

Posting Freak
Change playback settings in your YouTube account put on "I have slow connection and I don't want high definition HD videos"
destroyer Offline referral

I personally like YouTube video quality feature work great. I have fast internet and I like watching video in HD (high definition) but for those who struggle with the internet speed I suggest you to follow these steps to disable auto video quality setting: How can I disable Youtube auto quality setting?
victor Offline referral

It's not about internet speed it's about YouTube giving the users option to enable or disable automatic video quality if they wish to!!!!

Support Team
(03-02-2014 06:30 PM)victor Wrote:  It's not about internet speed it's about YouTube giving the users option to enable or disable automatic video quality if they wish to!!!!

Agree with you Victor! Video quality setting is a cool feature but there is no way everyone will love it so you have to foresee that and add a function that will disable or get rid of Automatic Video quality!
maya Offline referral

Posting Freak
I have just quickly checked Google for the answer to 'How can I disable Youtube auto quality setting' and it looks like the only way you can even come close to do it had been already mentioned here in these posts:

Disable YouTube auto quality Answer 1
Disable YouTube auto quality Answer 2
Guest referral

Unregistered
YouTube video quality sucks thanks for your tips guys very appreciate this Smile

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)