Mind blowing SEO improving and Google rank increasing Signature Rotator SEO Tool.

Thread: 

How to Automatically Shut Down Computer?

Ads
banner
banner
banner
letsplay Offline referral

Is there a way not to wait for some program to finish and set a timer that will shut down the windows after some time?
maya Offline referral

Posting Freak
If you want to schedule your computer to shut down at some certain time then use command prompt:

Click on Start and type into "Search programs and files" CMD

Here are the command to type in:

shutdown -s -t 120 here -t means time in seconds that is the time windows will wait before shutdown.

To cancel a task simply use this command:

shutdown /a
evathomsan Offline referral

using Windows 7, follow these steps to schedule your PC to shut down at a certain time at today....

1. Go to Start > Control Panel > System and Security > Administrative Tools and click on the Task Scheduler.

2. From the Action menu in Task Scheduler, click "Create Basic Task..."

3. In the "Create Basic Task Wizard" windows that pops up, Type in a title and a description. Something basic like "PC Shutdown."

4. Click "Next."

5. On the "Task Trigger" screen, choose the frequency with which you want the Shutdown PC to run. For nightly shutdown, click on "daily" and click the Next" button.

6.On the "Daily" screen, enter the date and time you want your PC to shutdown. Click "Next."

7. On the "Action" screen, choose "Start a program" and click "Next."

8. On the "Start a Program" screen, type C:\Windows\System32\shutdown.exe in the "Program/script" text field.

9. In the Add arguments text field type /s.

10. Click "Next."

11. Confirm your settings on the Summary screen and click "Finish."

Now your Windows 7 computer will automatically shutdown at the same time every day...
Chintu Offline referral

I think Maya's tip is lot easier for me lol. Thanks
Hostissimus Offline referral

Just Google for a software, there are plenty of them.
costuless Offline referral

Informative for me too. Thanks folks..

ROCKKKKKKKKKKKK
dodgersbenny Offline referral

(05-19-2015 07:41 AM)evathomsan Wrote:  using Windows 7, follow these steps to schedule your PC to shut down at a certain time at today....

1. Go to Start > Control Panel > System and Security > Administrative Tools and click on the Task Scheduler.

2. From the Action menu in Task Scheduler, click "Create Basic Task..."

3. In the "Create Basic Task Wizard" windows that pops up, Type in a title and a description. Something basic like "PC Shutdown."

4. Click "Next."

5. On the "Task Trigger" screen, choose the frequency with which you want the Shutdown PC to run. For nightly shutdown, click on "daily" and click the Next" button.

6.On the "Daily" screen, enter the date and time you want your PC to shutdown. Click "Next."

7. On the "Action" screen, choose "Start a program" and click "Next."

8. On the "Start a Program" screen, type C:\Windows\System32\shutdown.exe in the "Program/script" text field.

9. In the Add arguments text field type /s.

10. Click "Next."

11. Confirm your settings on the Summary screen and click "Finish."

Now your Windows 7 computer will automatically shutdown at the same time every day...

I tried this and work fine for me. Thanks for this info.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)