Mind blowing SEO improving and Google rank increasing Signature Rotator SEO Tool.

Thread: 

How to check if duplicate content?

Ads
kickass Offline referral

I run a small forum site and many users post tutorials and articles but just recently I have realized that I need to be sure they don't copy content from other sites and posting it in my forum because if they do Google will penalize me for duplicate content and I will loose rankings. So is there a way to check is the content is duplicate on not?
marcus_avrelius Offline referral

Support Team
To check if user has posted duplicate content simply paste a few sentences into Google search engine and hit search, then if you get a match then go to that web page and check the rest of the content!

Note that some commonly used sentences don't mean duplicate content.
vinzleft Offline referral

Don't be afraid of duplicate content. Google penalize your site when 2 same content is within your site. Its not duplicate if the content posted in your site is been copied from the other site.
marcus_avrelius Offline referral

Support Team
(04-10-2014 10:23 PM)vinzleft Wrote:  Don't be afraid of duplicate content. Google penalize your site when 2 same content is within your site. Its not duplicate if the content posted in your site is been copied from the other site.

Are you sure about that buddy? The only way you can prevent from being penalized for posting duplicate content is if you wrap that content with quotes and add a link to the original post from where you copied that content. I am talking about a few sentences not the entire post!

Yes its not. Would you be angry if someone shared your content in the other webpage?.Duplicate content will be not a problem for Google. You cannot control what people are sharing.
draggin Offline referral

You can check the duplicate content through plagiarisma.net and copyscape.com
WHAT!
kickass Offline referral

Yes but if Google detects too much content from other web sites on my forum then I think it will not make Google happy!
fashionsappeal Offline referral

if you doubt that content is duplicate or copied then you can take help these software :
Plagiarisma
plagium
duplichecker
plagiarism-checker

(04-11-2014 08:17 PM)kickass Wrote:  Yes but if Google detects too much content from other web sites on my forum then I think it will not make Google happy!

This is wrong. Forum is a place of discussion and sharing everything, its like a social networking site, but old school. Think about it. Did Google penalized facebook for sharing content?. Google knows that a forum is a discussion board and not a blog, so don't worry about duplicate content in a forum. I have a forum and there are too many duplicate post, but my forum has a lot of members. And I don't need Google for traffic. Because I got my traffic in people's word of mouth.

To be successful Forum owner you should treat your members, as your love ones.

I say it again, if your site relying on Google prepare to fail.
kickass Offline referral

Well yes it makes sense! Ok thanks very much I will trust you on this one because you sound like you know a few things about SEO.
spaul8808 Offline referral

(04-10-2014 03:47 PM)marcus_avrelius Wrote:  To check if user has posted duplicate content simply paste a few sentences into Google search engine and hit search, then if you get a match then go to that web page and check the rest of the content!

Note that some commonly used sentences don't mean duplicate content.

this is the perfect way
antony Offline referral

There is no way to can avoid heaving duplicate content if you run a forum site, social media site or a classifieds site Google know about it.
SmallSeoToolz Offline referral

If you want to avoid from duplicate content then don't other's content and create your own and manual. Select your domain with "www" or without "www" and use "/" on your web pages or not use backslash and redirect "/" to normal. It will help you to get rid of the duplicate content issue.
instagramaccounts Offline referral

I have an online software which is checking automatically..
sonipat Offline referral

If you want to check Duplicate content then you can use seosmalltools which is the best for this work .
Thanks
chetanbali17 Offline referral

most points already discussed, I appreciate the way vinzleft and marcus share their point of view, yes people do copy content from other sites for adding it into their site just to save their time, but it's not ethical so Google make them out of its searches. But in forum sites, it is very difficult to find which content is copied and which is original? Here, you can heard same terms by 2 different professionals, they may use same wording to describe their posts or knowledge. I don't think "kickass" you need to worry about forum posting content, but 1 thing you must track their signatures, if they are giving their signature links to #@$%!!! sites, banned sites, using spam words then your might got penalised.
technodesign Offline referral

Banned

Banned
To check if user has published copy content simply paste a few sentences into Google search engine and hit search, then if you get a match then go to that web page and look into the rest of the content!
EsferaSoft Offline referral

Some important website list:
1.http://www.copyscape.com/
2.http://smallseotools.com/plagiarism-checker/

Its a best website to check the website content.
shivaganguly Offline referral

There are many sites in which you can check if the content is duplicate or not.One of this is copyscape.com in which you can enter your link and can check if the content is duplicate.
Kate96 Offline referral

I use copyscape to check content.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)