Mind blowing SEO improving and Google rank increasing Signature Rotator SEO Tool.

Thread: 

How to create a forum...

Ads
gamer Offline referral

Forum Boards or message boards is a website where people gather to discuss the variety of things that is why sometimes it's called “discussion forum” or “discussion boards”!

Usually all the forum are divided into: threads and posts.
Users create threads and then post messages to discuss them inside those threads.

You can create a website that consists of a forum only, or add a forum to the existing website.

Nowadays you don't have to a website developer to create a forum, you can just download a lot of various free forum scripts “Free and Open Source Forum Software” install it and enjoy your online forum.

I recommend using a Open Source Forum Software because you will get better support in comparing with paid forum software, and usually Open Source Forum will have a lot of plug-ins and mods that will help you to make you forum more user friendly!
Quote:Best Free Open Source Forum Softwares:

MyBB - http://www.mybb.com
phpBB - http://www.phpbb.com
Once you decide which one to use go-ahead and download it.

Now you will need a reliable and cheap website hosting where your forum will be hosted!
Quote:Best Web Hosting:

HostGator - http://www.hostgator.com
Ipage – http://www.ipage.com
Next thing is to come-up with the URL for your forum. The URL has to relevant to you website in this case forum. The URL has to be relevantly short and easy to remember but it has to contain the word forum for better search engine optimization, or it has to contain a keyword you are targeting or trying to rank hight for on Google search!

So this is how to create a forum!
Good Luck!
invisibe_dude Offline referral

Posting Freak
Yes I agree with using Open Source Forum Software, just because the fact that so many people are using it you will get always new thing developed for that forum and for free, and you can use their forum for 24 hours support! Cool post
celta Offline referral

(06-29-2013 08:47 PM)gamer Wrote:  Forum Boards or message boards is a website where people gather to discuss the variety of things that is why sometimes it's called “discussion forum” or “discussion boards”!

Usually all the forum are divided into: threads and posts.
Users create threads and then post messages to discuss them inside those threads.

You can create a website that consists of a forum only, or add a forum to the existing website.

Nowadays you don't have to a website developer to create a forum, you can just download a lot of various free forum scripts “Free and Open Source Forum Software” install it and enjoy your online forum.

I recommend using a Open Source Forum Software because you will get better support in comparing with paid forum software, and usually Open Source Forum will have a lot of plug-ins and mods that will help you to make you forum more user friendly!
Quote:Best Free Open Source Forum Softwares:

MyBB - http://www.mybb.com
phpBB - http://www.phpbb.com
Once you decide which one to use go-ahead and download it.

Now you will need a reliable and cheap website hosting where your forum will be hosted!
Quote:Best Web Hosting:

HostGator - http://www.hostgator.com
Ipage – http://www.ipage.com
Next thing is to come-up with the URL for your forum. The URL has to relevant to you website in this case forum. The URL has to be relevantly short and easy to remember but it has to contain the word forum for better search engine optimization, or it has to contain a keyword you are targeting or trying to rank hight for on Google search!

So this is how to create a forum!
Good Luck!

I have a paid website with fatcow using weebly drag and drop, my question is, would I have to pay more to incorporate a forum?

Thanks celta.
victor Offline referral

To install a forum software on your server is very easy.
1. Download MyBB Open Source Forum Software and unpack it
2. Make a new folder on your server and call it "forum"
3. Upload the all the files that you have just unpacked to the folder "forum" using "ftp file transfer software" like FileZilla
4. Go to your server and log-in into your control panel.
5. Create a new database for your forum.
6. Write down "Host Name" "Database Name" "User Name" "Password" you will need all this to install the software.

Now you are ready to install you forum software!

7. Go to "yourdomain.com/forum/install/index.php" and finish the installation.
8. After instalation delete "Install" folder from "yourdomain.com/forum"

Now go to your "Weebly Website Builder" ---> pages tab ---> create page, and call it Forum, and link this page to your forum directory "yourdomain.com/forum" that is it.

And don't worry you won't be charged for this because this is how it works. But the downside of this is that it will increase the usage of CPU and Memory of your website so be aware of that!
celta Offline referral

(06-30-2013 07:40 PM)victor Wrote:  To install a forum software on your server is very easy.
1. Download MyBB Open Source Forum Software and unpack it
2. Make a new folder on your server and call it "forum"
3. Upload the all the files that you have just unpacked to the folder "forum" using "ftp file transfer software" like FileZilla
4. Go to your server and log-in into your control panel.
5. Create a new database for your forum.
6. Write down "Host Name" "Database Name" "User Name" "Password" you will need all this to install the software.

Now you are ready to install you forum software!

7. Go to "yourdomain.com/forum/install/index.php" and finish the installation.
8. After instalation delete "Install" folder from "yourdomain.com/forum"

Now go to your "Weebly Website Builder" ---> pages tab ---> create page, and call it Forum, and link this page to your forum directory "yourdomain.com/forum" that is it.

And don't worry you won't be charged for this because this is how it works. But the downside of this is that it will increase the usage of CPU and Memory of your website so be aware of that!

Cheers mate most appreciated.
celta.
victor Offline referral

No problem man. If you have any further questions feel free to ask.
Errol Offline referral

Hi Everybody

Listen i really like letsforum.I like the way they do things and the way it's setup.I would like to know if there is any forum related to letsforum or similar to letsforum?
Thanks Guys
letsplay Offline referral

(07-08-2013 11:34 AM)Errol Wrote:  Hi Everybody

Listen i really like letsforum.I like the way they do things and the way it's setup.I would like to know if there is any forum related to letsforum or similar to letsforum?
Thanks Guys

I have Google for similar forums but nothing. I don't think so. Why do you want to know that?
Errol Offline referral

So that i can get to know more people and share more ideas.
ivan Offline referral

Is it too complicated to have a forum? I mean does it cost a lot of money to create forum, and do you need to be website developer to have one, or anyone can create forum with like 0 knowledge of HTML code?
gamer Offline referral

I think is better to just download some good open source forum script like #MyBB
JammieCutts Offline referral

(07-09-2013 05:33 PM)ivan Wrote:  Is it too complicated to have a forum? I mean does it cost a lot of money to create forum, and do you need to be website developer to have one, or anyone can create forum with like 0 knowledge of HTML code?

It is not difficult to create a forum if you know a little HTML, CSS and little programming skills. What thing is difficult is gathering people to participate in your forum discussion board. Once you have your forum online its PR will be 0, DA and PA will also be zero. It will have no member. How will you convince others to join and have the conversation in the beginning, that's what is more difficult.
tvtaddy Offline referral

Use any of the forum script, Read there documentation and take the step by step approach you can easily launch your forum.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)