Mind blowing SEO improving and Google rank increasing Signature Rotator SEO Tool.

Thread: 

How to display thumbnail in Google search results (SERP) ?

Ads
banner
banner
banner
destroyer Offline referral

I have been noticing that some sites in Google SERP (search engine results page) show a thumbnail, I have checked those sites and they are not social media sites or anything like that just some ordinary sites, my question is how can I show a thumbnail along my Google SERP's?
chod Offline referral

Posting Freak
Are you talking about author photos or business logos, that show up in the search results blip?

If so you need to setup the proper Authorship markup on your site. Either as a publisher or author.
www.AdminEmpire.com
www.BlimptonTech.com - Best Free Online JavaScript tool to minify JavaScript files.
victor Offline referral

Thanks Chod please explain more about this I am kind of interesting too? Listen will it show author photos or business logo for every page or only for home page?
antony Offline referral

To add Google Authorship Markup

1. Sign in to your Google profile. pages opens in new window'
2. Click Edit profile.
3. Click the Contributor To section on the right (depending on how many photos you have, you may need to scroll to see this section), and then click Add custom link.
4. If you want, change the visibility of your link, and then click Save.

For Google to be able to link your content to your Google plus profile add this
Code:
<a href="[profile_url]?rel=author">Google</a>

More info here: https://support.google.com/webmasters/an...9557?hl=en
chod Offline referral

Posting Freak
(12-10-2013 06:03 PM)antony Wrote:  To add Google Authorship Markup

1. Sign in to your Google profile. pages opens in new window'
2. Click Edit profile.
3. Click the Contributor To section on the right (depending on how many photos you have, you may need to scroll to see this section), and then click Add custom link.
4. If you want, change the visibility of your link, and then click Save.

For Google to be able to link your content to your Google plus profile add this
Code:
<a href="[profile_url]?rel=author">Google</a>
More info here: https://support.google.com/webmasters/an...9557?hl=en

Make sure you understand between Author and as a business. Some would be better having both as well. But since we nothing about your site I can not recommend which route to go with.
www.AdminEmpire.com
www.BlimptonTech.com - Best Free Online JavaScript tool to minify JavaScript files.
marcus_avrelius Offline referral

Support Team
Thanks @Destroy after reading your post I have decided to implement Google Authorship as well, Chod listen I have linked my site in my Google plus profile but I am not sure that the link I have added to the header will work, what do you think is it OK or I have to add <a href="[profile_url]?rel=author">Google</a> into my thread?

Also do you think I should better use rel="publisher for this forum?
chod Offline referral

Posting Freak
(12-11-2013 04:17 PM)marcus_avrelius Wrote:  Thanks @Destroy after reading your post I have decided to implement Google Authorship as well, Chod listen I have linked my site in my Google plus profile but I am not sure that the link I have added to the header will work, what do you think is it OK or I have to add <a href="[profile_url]?rel=author">Google</a> into my thread?

Also do you think I should better use rel="publisher for this forum?

I think publisher would be better fitting. Maybe rel author only on your locked pages you authored.
www.AdminEmpire.com

Support Team
Chod thanks very much, I think from now on I will add ?rel=author to each of my new threads
chod Offline referral

Posting Freak
I would worry more about publisher. You have very little original posts on here. You're the site brand not a true author.
www.AdminEmpire.com

Support Team
Yeah seems like to use rel="publisher" you need to have a Google plus business page!
chod Offline referral

Posting Freak
(12-12-2013 07:56 PM)marcus_avrelius Wrote:  Yeah seems like to use rel="publisher" you need to have a Google plus business page!

Yes and whats the problem? You can easily get one.
www.AdminEmpire.com
maya Offline referral

Posting Freak
I would not even bother because rel="author" that what helps to increase CTR and shows along all your SERPs, rel="publisher" will only show when someone searches for your brand
chod Offline referral

Posting Freak
(12-13-2013 02:22 PM)Maya Wrote:  I would not even bother because rel="author" that what helps to increase CTR and shows along all your SERPs, rel="publisher" will only show when someone searches for your brand
lol well one mans thing is anothers not to do
www.AdminEmpire.com

Support Team
Thanks Chod this forum is not a business neither a commercial website so for now I will not use rel="publisher"
chod Offline referral

Posting Freak
The forum itself is an entity. You're marketing the FORUM not YOU. So the correct one would publisher.
www.AdminEmpire.com

Support Team
Ooh you right, thanks man I very appreciate this!
saraparker811 Offline referral

thank you very much i have got the same problem this has helped me a lot

Support Team
I have figured that you need to create a page on your website and dedicate it to the author with the author's picture and a bit of description then use rel="author" tag liked to that web page it's much faster way to enable authorship than linking to Google Plus profile and mess around with settings Smile

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)