Mind blowing SEO improving and Google rank increasing Signature Rotator SEO Tool.

Thread: 

How to install xampp server in windows 7

Ads
banner
banner
banner
ivan Offline referral

I am tired of testing my website on a free web server, I want to install Apache server and phpmyadmin on windows 7 so I can test my website on my computer. I want xampp server, because I have seen many positive reviews on it. Could you help me to install it and make it work? 001_crying
chod Offline referral

Posting Freak
Have you even attempted to follow one of the endless tutorials online for your exact situation? Asking people on here to write up a super long detailed response is asking a ton from a forum. Your best bet is to find a tutorial, follow it to the letter, then when you have issues or questions regarding it. Post the tutorial you are following, the issue or question at hand and keep things onto a singular topic point.

My honest opinion about phpmyadmin is AVOID it! You can do everything you want from CLI, that is the correct and non lazy mans way to use your DB. Start learning these things man you're only hurting yourself in the long run. Also using a frontend like phpmyadmin will add extra points to exploit and if you do not properly harden it you asking to get pwned!

Why would you be tired of using a free webserver? That statement makes no sense! You are going to have to do way more work daily running your own stack. Yes you will learn more, but you keep asking for hand holding sessions on here and I am afraid that points to not ready to be running a stack on your own. The configuration possibilities just to keep you sorta secure on a windows box are drastically different than what you would use on a *Nix box.
www.AdminEmpire.com
www.BlimptonTech.com - Best Free Online JavaScript tool to minify JavaScript files.
ivan Offline referral

I am using 000webhost.com but they constantly remove my test website because they say I am using their server for hacking and cracking purposes! WTF! That's why I want to have my own server installed on my computer. OK, I will try to install it and then if I encounter a problem I will ask you here. See ya!

I have just finished installing xampp! Could you tell me where should I put my website files, and how to open my website? I mean how do I access my website through xampp, what's the URL?
marcus_avrelius Offline referral

Support Team
Go to: this directory xampp\htdocs make a new folder there and call it whatever you want, (however you will use that name to access files that are inside that folder) put all your website files inside that folder.

Lets pretend my folder name is letsforum

So to open files that are inside that folder the URL will look like this: localhost/letsforum 001_thumbup
chod Offline referral

Posting Freak
If your host is telling you that there is always the possibility that your code has been comprimised I would honestly look into what is making that host say you are doing that before working on hosting code locally. Especially if it has been tampered with, you could be unleashing something into your local network you wish you wouldn't have.
www.AdminEmpire.com
www.BlimptonTech.com - Best Free Online JavaScript tool to minify JavaScript files.
maya Offline referral

Posting Freak
I am pretty sure xampp server comes with an installer just run it Smile

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)