Mind blowing SEO improving and Google rank increasing Signature Rotator SEO Tool.

Thread: 

MyBB Advanced Quick Reply Form - No Plugin Needed!

Ads
marcus_avrelius Offline referral

Support Team
To be able to use plugins is the reason why many find MYBB such a great forum script.

Plugins are great for doing small things but if you are looking to do some more complex stuff then many plugins can cause insatiability of the forum script, slowness, increase server load, and many will even create security issues so if you need to use plugins I recommend to use only very simple plugins that will not cause any of the problems I have described above.

Now let me show you how you can turn MYBB simple quick reply form into an advanced one, basically we will use a form from the newthread and editpost templates in our quick reply form

There are a few plugins that can do that but I have found them to interfere with other MYBB functions so don't use them!
Advanced Quick Reply Form
AJAX QuickReply

This will require core edit but don't wary it's a simple copy and paste process.

In showthread.php find

PHP Code:
eval("\$quickreply = \"".$templates->get("showthread_quickreply")."\";"); 

Above it add this code

PHP Code:
$codebuttons build_mycode_inserter(); 

The final code should look like this

PHP Code:
$codebuttons build_mycode_inserter();
eval(
"\$quickreply = \"".$templates->get("showthread_quickreply")."\";"); 

Now in ACP>>Templates & Style>>Templates>>YOUR TEMPLATE>>Show Thread Templates>>showthread_quickreply find

PHP Code:
<textarea style="width: 100%; padding: 4px; margin: 0;" rows="8" cols="80" name="message" id="message" tabindex="1"></textarea

Add {$codebuttons} the final code should look like this

PHP Code:
<textarea style="width: 100%; padding: 4px; margin: 0;" rows="8" cols="80" name="message" id="message" tabindex="1"></textarea>
{
$codebuttons

That is it you are all set, if you have any feather questions feel free to post them here.
maya Offline referral

Posting Freak
Great tutorial how come you don't have it on this forum? I think quick reply form needs to have at least some basic tools also it will help you to reduce SQL connections because users will no longer need to use "NEW REPLY" for more complex answers!!!

Support Team
Thanks for your feedback, I have just changed simple quick reply form to more advanced one please take a look!
maya Offline referral

Posting Freak
Thanks Marcus looks great now I can do all the editing from the Quick Reply form
antony Offline referral

Thanks Marcus I love it. Now I can make my replies more productive because I have an easy and quick access to BBcode
destroyer Offline referral

Thanks Marcus I love MYBB so much in fact I have it installed on my localhost and for now I am testing this baby out before switching to online hosting!

P.S. plugins are great because they allow you to do stuff you don't understand but that the problem if you don't understand something then you should probably learn about it first. Plugins can and most of the time do make MYBB forum software unstable they can also crash your database so don't use plugins for something such as easy as this.
Thanks great tutorial definitely will use it. It looks great
victor Offline referral

Good stuff Marcus keep it coming I pretty sure many MYBB users will find it useful Wink

Yeah I love this Quick Reply form it has all the tools I need just as "Advanced Reply" function.
antony Offline referral

Yeah this reply form looks pretty good Smile
Evanto Offline referral

This is really cool feature to be added without plugin
I used the WYSWYG editor for this

Support Team
Thanks guyz! MyBB is a great forum software but there are plugins that I would make default or part of the script!
Spice Offline referral

I've just installed this on my board. Love it. Thank you!

Support Team
(05-18-2014 08:49 PM)Spice Wrote:  I've just installed this on my board. Love it. Thank you!

I am very glad you finally managed to fix it Smile By the way thanks for joining out SEO Forum community. I personally think than MYBB should make this as a default function. Most forums have some sort of BBCode available to user when posting a quick reply. I would love users to use quick reply form all the time as it decreases server load.
Spice Offline referral

I agree. I came from a proboards forum. I loved working on it and it has many great features. They have one of the best support boards I have ever come across. One of the things they have which I would love to see in myBB is a working smilie drop down.
And thank you. I shall be back to visit.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)