Mind blowing SEO improving and Google rank increasing Signature Rotator SEO Tool.

Thread: 

PHPmyadmin - Create New Database

Ads
banner
banner
banner
victor Offline referral

Hi I am trying to create a new database in PHPmyAdmin, but after spending a few hours I have decided to aks you for help.
P.S. I am using localhost server, not web server!
chod Offline referral

Posting Freak
(07-29-2013 09:39 PM)victor Wrote:  Hi I am trying to create a new database in PHPmyAdmin, but after spending a few hours I have decided to aks you for help.
P.S. I am using localhost server, not web server!

You have to login to the mysql install and create it manually. phpmyadmin does not have the user perms to create a database.

My personal opinion learn the actual command line stuff first, then learn tools to make it easier. You will gain a more indepth understanding of what you are actually doing AND why

EDIT: guess phpmyadmin allows you to create users and databases now, as invisible_dude points out, though I would think the only way it could do that is if it was a root access user, which I would say phpmyadmin should not have root access to your DB. I would still get in the habit of actually using the command line and learning mysql properly.
www.AdminEmpire.com
www.BlimptonTech.com - Best Free Online JavaScript tool to minify JavaScript files.
invisibe_dude Offline referral

Posting Freak
To create a new database you will need to create a database and a user that will have the necessary privileges to access that database.
To create a database go to your PHPmyAdming and click on databases.
Then on top of the screen under the word "Databases" you will see "Create Database" enter the name of your database and press "create", this is how easy it is to create a new database. Now that you have your new database created you will need to create a new user for that database.

On top of the screen click on "Users" that will take you to the page that will say "Users overview" under which you will see all your default users.
To create a new user click on "Add user" this will take you to "Add user" screen
Here you will have to provide:
User name: Type here the name of your new user
Host: Select local
Password: Type your password there
Re-type: Just Re-type your password

Now scroll down and locate "Global privileges" click on "Check All" and press Add user at the bottom of the page.
That is it, you have just created a new database and a new user in PHPmyAdmin.

Notice! This tutorial is based on:
Apache 2.4.3, MySQL 5.5.27, PHP 5.4.7, and phpMyAdmin 3.5.2.2.
ivan Offline referral

Great post invisibe_dude, I was able to create new database add new user but how do I link user to the new database?
maya Offline referral

Posting Freak
Webhosting use the same version of PHPmyadmin as your localhost server (XAMPP)
ivan Offline referral

Only if you use the latest XAMPP version 1.8
victor Offline referral

Newest version is phpMyAdmin 4.1.5 and I believe XAMPP server has phpMyAdmin 3.5 installed.
phpMyadmin can be downloaded here: http://www.phpmyadmin.net/home_page/downloads.php

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)