Mind blowing SEO improving and Google rank increasing Signature Rotator SEO Tool.

Thread: 

[Proposal] Getting threads to be more productive

Ads
banner
banner
banner
chod Offline referral

Posting Freak
PROPOSAL: V0.4 - Final

While there are many topics on these boards, many of the questions being asked are so short and open ended it is truly hard to properly and throughly answer the questions to the fullest extent. Also many very similar threads are being started and nothing from the OP is showing that they even tried searching the forums to expand in existing threads. What I propose are a more solid rule base for getting these forums off and building more high quality traffic, as well as responses.

1. Start subjects that are informative and clearly have a direct question. By doing this it will help increase responses from experienced users of certain subjects they specialize in. Do not start subjects with HELP or URGENT or any other extraneous phrases. Titles are key not only to existing members but also those seeing the forum for the first time in search results. They should be catchy and hit the main keywords of your actual question.
  2. Rants and complaints should be kept to a minimum as these types of conversations are best for a blog or similar type of communication platform.
  3. Show a real effort to use proper grammar and language as a respect to the LetsForum.com community as a whole. No using any form of abbreviated communications, such as leet speak, textspeak or any other similar slang. This is not to say if English is not your strong suit you should not post, but do show an effort. We encourage everyone to post and be apart of the community.
  4. When you are going to ask a question, it is the askers responsibility to provide as much information as possible. This includes error messages, if asking about why your site does not do X then make sure you include a link to your site, or at the least what your sites content is about. What have you previously tried, what DOC's and searches have you tried on your own first. Show effort to those who you are requesting help from, you will be much more likely to get more helpful results.
  5. Make each thread you start about 1 single topic, no topic jumping, no thread jacking.
  6. Post your question in 1 forum only, do not multiple post your questions or thread jack an existing thread to ask your question. Any threads found to be duplicates should be reported and marked for closure. Repeated thread jacking should place the user in some form of suspension then if repeated again, total ban of the use of the community.
  7. If you are responding to a thread make sure you read the Original Post first. Then when replying keep your reply on track with the OP's topic. If your response has nothing to do with what the OP is asking, then it is not conducive to a productive thread where true conversation on the issue can flow freely.
  8. If your thread has been been answered or solved, edit your Original post's subject and include in the beginning [solved]. Do not use closed or any other verbiage. [closed] should be reserved for Admin and Mods to mark threads that have been closed and should be deleted.
  9. If you see a thread with the exact same issue as yours and it has been marked as solved. DO NOT add your issue into that thread, you will want to open a new thread with your problem. Then link to the [solved] thread if it is relevant, or at least state you found a similar one that had been closed already. This will show effort on your part the asker.
  10. Do yourself and all future online communities a favor and give this a read http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
So what is an ineffective way to have a discussion?
  1. Threads that are similar to: "How do I get page 1 rank?", "How do I make the most money with Adsense?", "My computer is broken?", "My site has been online for 6 months and I am only making $10 a month". What these questions are truly lacking are any kind of information past the very basic issue at hand. How can you expect anyone to make a helpful answer when there is nothing pertinent to go off of.
  2. Questioning the methods of others on here, you are seeking advice from many veterans of the online world with differing specialties. Even if you do not agree with their methods, they are proven methods and work for those people. There is no guarantee or promise anything shared with you will work in the same manner. It is up to you to continuously expand your knowledge and stay current.
  3. Expecting people to show you how to make X,XXX a day with X software or whatever. Then not even given people an ounce of information about yourself and the site you are trying to get rich quick on. There is no one set quick way, most real ways will take years for a solid ROI.
  4. Do not just regurgitate something that is on the front page of site. Say someone asks how do you get approved with AdSense, and there is nothing else in there question. Repeating what is on the front page or can be quickly found by the OP in a Web search will not help them, nor will the thread really have constructive replies. The best is to link them to the rules of the forums and to the DOC's of what they are asking about.
    If the question would have been, "I have a site that has been online for 6 months and I am getting roughly 50 uniques a day and close to 200 page views daily. I am thinking about using AdSense to monetize my site. I was reading the DOC's to see if I followed the rules for applying and I had a question on Rule #BLAH. My site I feel complies with this rule but I just want to check and get others thoughts."
    While this is a theoretical question there is things to go off of, it could have been even more detailed to give responders an even fuller picture by including a link to their site, discussing if they have applied before and been denied, if they had tried other monetization methods previously but failed or did not see results they expected.
General Rules overall
  1. Do not expect to get rich quick!
  2. Do not expect to not have to do REAL work for LONG LONG hours.
  3. Work together
  4. Help promote this forum on every other forum or social medium you use.
  5. Ask great questions and if not enough response is coming in, find another forum and link back to here to drive more people to viewing the blog and hopefully registering and staying on.
  6. Start talking about LetsForum.com to as many people as you can. Share links to the forums and post links that will answer questions of others on different sites. The success of these forums is as much the community as it is the site owner.
Getting more productive replies to your thread
  1. Is the thread interesting and thought provoking that others would want to spend their time in responding?
  2. Did you remember to show effort on your part before invoking the help of others for free?
  3. Did you even post your topic in the correct place?
  4. Do you actually reply to other threads? Are you helpful on the boards?
  5. Reward the people replying when they give a solution or teach you something new give them a +REP
  6. Does your question actually ask for replies?
  7. Make it simple and easy for others to reply

This is not complete but a good start to most of the proposals I think the forums should add to its rules. I welcome any and all suggestions and will continue to update this post as I finalize my thoughts on this. This is by no means meant to be anything other than my own personal views and thoughts for our great forums here. When I mark this thread final in the version title I feel that is when I finished this post properly to my liking and then if things want to be implemented or not is up to our forum leaders. I hope no one takes any of this the wrong way either

Final EDIT:
I have finished the initial draft, please share your thoughts, things you would like to see added. Make sure new members read this and us as a community should be helping make sure threads from here on out follow these new rules. I will update the post with good additions and hopefully this will become the initial go to for all new members and those wishing to help further our community. Remember it is up to us just as much as the site owner to help make this new community a success, do your part Smile I will continue to edit grammar and spelling in this post.
www.AdminEmpire.com
www.BlimptonTech.com - Best Free Online JavaScript tool to minify JavaScript files.
marcus_avrelius Offline referral

Support Team
Thanks very much Chod! Great post
destroyer Offline referral

A very useful post
maya Offline referral

Posting Freak
WOW, when finished this is going to be an amazing post Smile
invisibe_dude Offline referral

Posting Freak
Thank bro for taking time to produce this masterpiece
victor Offline referral

WOW Chod, outstanding! I appreciate you took time to post this one Wink
chod Offline referral

Posting Freak
I appreciate everyones enthusiasm in this post. Lets remember what was written here and start using these methods on the forums ASAP, help remind others and new comers.

Please post more suggestions. I will probably come back to this after another month of seeing what happens on the boards from this version and change things accordingly. Of course these are only suggestions that I am giving as these are not my forums. Smile
www.AdminEmpire.com
www.BlimptonTech.com - Best Free Online JavaScript tool to minify JavaScript files.
chod Offline referral

Posting Freak
Bumping so people read this again.

Come on guys we need to up our game here and not only provide meaningful and helpful answers, we also need to make sure we are not just "me to"'ing a thread.

Most of the longer posts are not read, but skimmed and then people comment, this is a very bad practice.

So let's keep some good conversations going, learn from one another AND get some solid useful threads going. We have enough couple sentence posts on here that do not do anything help wise for someone searching for the same answer.

For those that do not understand "me to"ing it means you do not add any value to the thread and are just saying "me to" essentially. There is no reason for these types of posts, you could take 2 more minutes and actually write out a real response, give value, knowledge something more than a brief and basic agreement or even disagreement.
www.AdminEmpire.com
ivan Offline referral

You right chod sometimes I just read the begging of the post but most of the time I am trying to read it whole Smile
chod Offline referral

Posting Freak
Yes it seems to be a growing trend on here, to skim or not even go past the first few sentences. The people responding and giving in depth responses are doing it for others benefits not their own.

This is an easy and simple way to keep away new members. So let's all try and actively get better at not only reading the whole response, lets give solid thought out helpful real responses. Something that adds to the actual thread. All responses do not need to be long if you can be succinct, but most of the time more details could be given in responses which would have made better responses.

This does also apply with questions, people need to be much more detailed in their questions as 99% seem to be a sentence or less in length. This is not a good question most of the time as if you look at the responses something or many things need to be asked to get the fully question out of the OP.

Another thing is giving answers that have already been given in a thread. There is no reason to rewrite a correct answer into a short sentence just to up your post count.
www.AdminEmpire.com
destroyer Offline referral

(09-20-2013 07:09 PM)ivan Wrote:  You right chod sometimes I just read the begging of the post but most of the time I am trying to read it whole Smile

Don't be lazy and read the whole text because if you don't read it then how do you know what the topic is about! I bet you do the same when signing contracts Smile
victor Offline referral

When asking for support it's important to provide as much information as possible to avoid unnecessary posts and ensure quick and effective answer!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)