Mind blowing SEO improving and Google rank increasing Signature Rotator SEO Tool.

Thread: 

Regarding duplicate content issues in mybb

Ads
banner
banner
banner
Beartest Offline referral

Hi, seems my problems with mybb wont endSmile

I have some problems and am reaching out to the community here

1. have a look at these two urls

seems cant post urls before i reach a post count of 10 Sad

both of these two urls have the same title tag as seen by any web crawler ( I use screaming frog)

in this forum, the url that points to a thread, like

---------/Thread-What-is-Blog-Flipping

and

--------/Thread-What-is-Blog-Flipping?pid=19830#pid19830

both these urls have the same title tag,

is it okay or is there a workaround for this or should I just let it be (as if I have any other option Huh)
marcus_avrelius Offline referral

Support Team
I would not worry about that at all since every forum out there has this feature including Google forums it only identifies the post within the page not really changes or affects URL.

You should though change the title on multi pages! And add canonical URL to source code if your content is accessible from more than one URL.

P.S. You can also blog Google from crawling those URL.

Add to robots.txt

Code:
Disallow: /*pid=*

hi, thanks for your valuable inputs.

I have a query.

the user profile pages are by default not viewable (forbidden) and hence return 403 error (for bots)

If i set the user permissions for bots to see the user profiles, I will not be having 403(forbidden) errors right?

simply by assigning the bots to a special user group and then use those permissions for bots.

i can let googlebot crawl the user profiles so that error 403 is not returned and googlebot is able to crawl the index (hope I am making sense)

I can further use no index for the user pages so that they are not indexed (sounds good) and the problem of returning 403 error is resolved too.

likewise, as I mentioned, the pid issue, I can also use no index and no follow for the pid issue..

the thing is, I am getting confused at this point.

I want googlebot to return as less errors for 4XX issues like 404 and 403.

does it sounds like a good option to have less non crawlabale errors on website and also having user profiles not indexed ( I dont see how getting user profiles indexed will do any good content wise)

Hope I made sense.

Let me know what you think.

Support Team
Buddy word of advice! You are making out of this too much of a deal it's not important for SEO at all! Don't play with noindex as you will block the entire thread from being crawled!

Go to groups -> Guest and set permission to YES on can see the profile! Don't play with the hidden content Google ain't stupid it's not worth it!

Leave PID alone don't worry about it as it has no affect on SEO trust me I know!

About errors on Google webmaster tools. You should only pay attention to 503 server error and ignore the rest since if you are running a forum you will get a ton of them as a forum site has a ton of URLs and Google in many cases may get it wrong or you delete the thread.

Those errors have no impact on your SEO it simply a notice from Google just ignore.

You can also open profiles for guests but block them from being crawled and indexed with robots.txt

Code:
Disallow: /User*
Disallow: /user*

Do you use SEO plugin?

Yes, Google seo plugin.

I am worried because what happens is, the number of urls in the index status of search console( GWT) , went down abruptyl. The number got halved and upon checking, I came to know there is some sort of bug in GWT and it is the culprit behind the number of URLs being shown lesser when we check the index status.

Now, the sitemap also has the number of URLs submitted and number of URLs indexed.

The URLs that are indexed is also declining there and hence the reason for my concerns.

Support Team
Please resubmit your sitemap.xml and make sure you are not blocking it! manually check it to be sure!

It also happened to me once or twice that the number of indexed URLs went don't but in a short period of time it recovered!

You can check the URLs in the index like this: site:letsforum.com replace my site with yours

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)