Mind blowing SEO improving and Google rank increasing Signature Rotator SEO Tool.

Thread: 

Search results imprecision?

Ads
victor Offline referral

Could someone please explain this. Google webmaster tools account >> Search Queries says that my website average position is 120 for an X keyword and it has 300 impressions.

The question is does Google count an impression when someone lands on the search results page with my URL in it or it means that my website showed an X amount of times doesn't really matter whenever someone actually clicked on page 12?
KevinMax Offline referral

Impressions are calculated based on the number of times the website/ad/banner ad/text ad/..etc appears in search results (i.e Impressions are counted based on the n.o of times the website appeared on the computer screen). Clicks are included in the impressions count result.

You might have heard about the famous query: Lots of Impressions and no clicks? - I don't think that Google provide the exact impressions counting? May be an imprecision result.
marcus_avrelius Offline referral

Support Team
Kevin is right it means that your website shewed in search results but who knows on what page.
victor Offline referral

Great thanks I was really suspecting Google impression means literally the number of times website showed for some search query.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)