Mind blowing SEO improving and Google rank increasing Signature Rotator SEO Tool.

Thread: 

Shared IP vs. Dedicated IP

Ads
antony Offline referral

What is the difference between shared ip address and dedicated ip address. Witch IP address is better for search engine optimization (SEO) and why?
chod Offline referral

Posting Freak
the difference is in the names of the types IP's you're asking about.

Dedicated = Only the sites you authorize to use that IP are on it
Shared = Your hosting company will put as many as they possibly can on to that single IP

Shared can have negative effects for SEO because of others sharing your IP. Dedicated will only have SEO issues that you cause in relation to the IP.
www.AdminEmpire.com
www.BlimptonTech.com - Best Free Online JavaScript tool to minify JavaScript files.
invisibe_dude Offline referral

Posting Freak
Just like Chod has already explained dedicated IP means that you and only you are using that IP address, in the other hand shared IP means that you share the same IP address with a lot of users some of them can be spammer and hacker or sites that Google doesn't really like, although it sound as it may have affect on your SEO you don't have to be worry because Google and other major search engines know about it and will not penalize you for that!
maya Offline referral

Posting Freak
Google penalizes domain names not IP addresses so don't worry if you have your site on a shared hosting Google is smart and will check your site content to verify what your site is about if one day you will share your IP address with some hacking, spam or malware site
chod Offline referral

Posting Freak
and they also will penalize for other variables due to you sharing the ip with known "bad" sites or similar.
www.AdminEmpire.com
www.BlimptonTech.com - Best Free Online JavaScript tool to minify JavaScript files.
marcus_avrelius Offline referral

Support Team
(11-23-2013 05:23 PM)chod Wrote:  and they also will penalize for other variables due to you sharing the ip with known "bad" sites or similar.

If this would be true now one would use shared hosting. Google know about this and knows how to verify if your site is cool or not
antony Offline referral

Thanks yo all for your help
chod Offline referral

Posting Freak
(11-23-2013 07:25 PM)marcus_avrelius Wrote:  
(11-23-2013 05:23 PM)chod Wrote:  and they also will penalize for other variables due to you sharing the ip with known "bad" sites or similar.

If this would be true now one would use shared hosting. Google know about this and knows how to verify if your site is cool or not

You obviously are not grasping what I am trying to convey then. I never said they did not know about this nor did I say that it will be a for sure thing, but it could be a factor that tips you over the edge to not getting much love from Google. Your host is just as important as many other things most are chasing on here and posting why can I not get traffic, or why can I not recover and why can I not this or that. Well it could be the simple fact your on low end host, sharing an IP with thousands of shady sites, then you have say thin content or no original content and a few other things that are "allowed" but not looked highly upon and your overall rating with Google drops, and less SERP traffic from Google outside of bots.

It is a factor just like any other. Maybe not to the degree as other no no's in Googles eyes, but if you're already on the edge why take the chance to be lumped into a category you may never get out of.

Ask yourself this, how many people online making real full time incomes are relying on low end cheap shared hosting plans and companies or stick with some random reseller? Shared IP or not. Now add in shared IP with those other factors and you would be hard pressed to find someone who can prove real livable income running a setup like that. And to met livable income is repeated monthly earnings lasting over 18 months. Not just a few random "good" periods.
www.AdminEmpire.com
invisibe_dude Offline referral

Posting Freak
(11-24-2013 01:14 AM)chod Wrote:  but it could be a factor that tips you over the edge to not getting much love from Google

LOL. Love your reply Chod

P.S. I know that not everybody can afford VPS or Private hosting but if the opportunity presents you should abandon shared hosting because of the facts Chod described in his post

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)