Mind blowing SEO improving and Google rank increasing Signature Rotator SEO Tool.

Thread: 

Should discussion forums allow users to edit their posts?

Ads
banner
banner
banner
destroyer Offline referral

Many forums don't allow users to edit neither threads nor replies. If this is my post I should have at least permission to edit and even delete it if I decide so.

What do you think about it.
marcus_avrelius Offline referral

Support Team
We all make grammar mistakes when writing or typing so the user has to be able to edit post for an X amount of time to correct errors or to update some info, after that user should not be allowed to edit posts as it will make it impossible for moderators to keep the forum free of spam. If you allow users to freely edit their posts whenever they decide then after the post is moderated the user will edit it and turn it into spam post.

Not all users are cool most of them are juts spammers.
destroyer Offline referral

Yeah you right Marcus. I run a small discussion forum and I get a ton of spammers. How about delete post function? Do you think users have to be able to delete their posts?
Tbo29 Offline referral

On my forum the members can edit their post for 30 minutes but they're not allowed to delete. Sometimes people say things they shouldn't say, then when they could delete their post they think it's all ok.

As an Admin until now I only had to delete some spammers. If someone needs to close his thread he/she could always write to a Mod.
invisibe_dude Offline referral

Posting Freak
Forums also do care about SEO and if you start deleting and modifying content this will make Google angry.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)