Mind blowing SEO improving and Google rank increasing Signature Rotator SEO Tool.

Thread: 

Things don't add up with this website

Ads
banner
banner
banner
sytemaker Offline referral

Hi everyone,

I have been asked to optimise a client's website (weiss-ukdotcom). It was launched on 21/03/14 under an existing domain used for their previous site. Upon examining not only the site but also the Google Analytics reports I found a number of strange anomalies which I pointed out to the client who subsequently instructed me to investigate.

These are the main issues:
  • Since the launch of the site and without any work to it from myself or anyone else I’m aware of it has absolutely been dominant in Google for almost all of the major keyphrases relevant to their industry. (In fact some searches using fairly generic phrases for the industry like “floor standing temperature chambers” or “floor standing test chambers” produce results with 7 or more of their pages listed on page one of Google’s SERPs.)
  • Also since launch the traffic according to Google Analytics has dropped by over 95% from an average of about 4000 visits to under 200 for any 30 day segment after launch.
  • The amount of never been here before visitors has dropped from a pre-launch amount of around 3000 (75%) to less than 10 (5%).
  • Acquisition from organic search has dropped from 2600 (68%) to 110 (56%). As there are less than 10 never been here before visitors I am assuming 100+ visitors were revisiting the site via a search engine.
  • I have found no natural (or any other) external links leading to the site.
    • This simply doesn't add up to me. Basically if there is nothing wrong here I am not needed.

Your thoughts are appreciated.
invisibe_dude Offline referral

Posting Freak
Are you saying that the domain name remains the same only the content is different right? Was their previous site relevant to the current one? Do you have any 301 redirect? I bet you were hit by Panda 4.0 for sure.

Add Canonical URL Tag to all pages this should help.
sytemaker Offline referral

(06-28-2014 05:25 PM)invisibe_dude Wrote:  Are you saying that the domain name remains the same only the content is different right? Was their previous site relevant to the current one?

I'm not sure what you mean by relevant to the current one. It's about the same company making and selling more or less the same products.

(06-28-2014 05:25 PM)invisibe_dude Wrote:  Do you have any 301 redirect?

yes quite a few

(06-28-2014 05:25 PM)invisibe_dude Wrote:  I bet you were hit by Panda 4.0 for sure.

Do you mean this Panda update caused the site to be top ranked for many relevant and good phrases but somehow prevents users from going to it?

(06-28-2014 05:25 PM)invisibe_dude Wrote:  Add Canonical URL Tag to all pages this should help.

Do you think there are duplicate content issues?
surenot Offline referral

The same URL but 2 different contents will result in duplicate content issue this probably what triggered Panda or some other algorithm.
You should use ASAP Canonical URL to recover.

If you change URL use 301 redirect.
If you change content then add conical tag.

Check if you can find old site content in Google index if so then it's pretty clear what is the issue.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)