Mind blowing SEO improving and Google rank increasing Signature Rotator SEO Tool.

Thread: 

VPS vs Dedicated server, which is better?

Ads
banner
banner
banner
ivan Offline referral

I am just curious which web hosting is better for a very busy website VPS or Dedicated hosting?
chod Offline referral

Posting Freak
You did not share even close to enough information to get a proper answer.
www.AdminEmpire.com
www.BlimptonTech.com - Best Free Online JavaScript tool to minify JavaScript files.
marcus_avrelius Offline referral

Support Team
For instance if you run a very busy forum then dedicated hosting is best for you! However we need to know more information about your website in order to make recommendations!
victor Offline referral

If your website uses MYSQL database and receives tons of traffic your best choice is dedicated hosting. But for simple HTML based website you can keep it hosted on shared hosting!
chod Offline referral

Posting Freak
@victor The simplicity of site should not be a major factor in the decision of what type of hosting you decide to go with. On the note of shared hosting, I would stay as far away from that as you can unless it only sharing site that you own and control. You can take the heat for someone else sharing your IP.

@ivan My recommendation from the posts I have read from you, you really need to find a fully managed hosting option, it will be just like having your own Systems Admin and DBA on staff. Taking care of the servers, monitoring, updates, configurations, security holes and tons more.
It would also leave you to focusing on learning the thousands of other things on the front end side of running a forum, properly advertising it, monetizing it, moderating the forums, and on and on.

You will pay more a month but will lessen your chance of failure.
www.AdminEmpire.com
www.BlimptonTech.com - Best Free Online JavaScript tool to minify JavaScript files.

Support Team
@Chod for a forum site what hosting plan do you think is best in relation to price/performance?
chod Offline referral

Posting Freak
You want dedicated. As I have said many times before going with a fully managed solution is ideal for most people as it will give you basically an IT staff, a dedicated server, and many other bells and whistles you do not get with normal hosting or even dedicated hosting. There is a ton more benefits going with a fully managed hosting. If you want to go that route PM me and I can get you set up with my company or suggest some others to check out.
www.AdminEmpire.com

Support Team
I am more interesting for now in iPage.com VPS server for $79.99/mo
Cores: 4
RAM: 8GB
Storage: 120GB
Bandwidth: 4TB

Dedicated Hosting for $119.99/mo
Cores: 2
RAM: 4GB
Storage: 500GB
Bandwidth: 5TB
chod Offline referral

Posting Freak
Then that is on you to decide which would better fit you Wink

Dedicated is always better, but wont solve issues for you like your SQL issue yesterday Wink
www.AdminEmpire.com

Support Team
The Ipage hosting had problems last week I was aware of that! My Google webmaster tools account never saw so many errors
chod Offline referral

Posting Freak
And at the 119 price you're basically at the same price point as fully managed. Wink

Aware or not, it was a SQL configuration issue, that should not be happening
www.AdminEmpire.com

Support Team
I never had problems with Ipage hosting neither with SQL until last week. It was something wrong with the server itself.
invisibe_dude Offline referral

Posting Freak
Ipage is a good hosting whoever thinks it's not is a fool, but sometimes you know stuff happens I bet they were probably upgrading their hosting or similar
maya Offline referral

Posting Freak
Dedicated hosting or dedicated servers are faster and much powerful than VPS!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)