Mind blowing SEO improving and Google rank increasing Signature Rotator SEO Tool.

Thread: 

Website sitemap?

Ads
banner
banner
banner
yava Offline referral

Is it essential that the sitemap file of my website to be called "sitemap" or I can call it whatever I want! I don't want people to access it!
marcus_avrelius Offline referral

Support Team
You can name the file as you wish however make sure you can access it and then you submit the same site to Google in the submit sitemap section of your webmaster tools account!
josephinek Offline referral

It is used to get your pages indexed so that you can show up in the results of searches done by using the search engines.
concarez Offline referral

Without sitemap we can not index our website properly.

Support Team
(01-21-2015 09:07 AM)concarez Wrote:  Without sitemap we can not index our website properly.

Google doesn't need the sitemap to index content! However if you don't have RSS feed, don't use internal links neither have a link to all your posts then some content might not get indexed!

Sitemap is juts a file that contains all your URLs which makes indexing faster!
stephenjoseph Offline referral

Google only knows sitemap by its name, if you name it by some other name it wont recognize it as sitemap instead it thinks as a some other file.
sukritinfotech Offline referral

Website sitemap helps the search engines to crawl the website. It represents listing of pages according to hierarchy of important content and information available on the page. Site map are usually two types.
1 Creates from xml for search engine.
2. Create as html to make the navigation for user.

Support Team
(02-04-2015 08:05 AM)stephenjoseph Wrote:  Google only knows sitemap by its name, if you name it by some other name it wont recognize it as sitemap instead it thinks as a some other file.

You can call the file whatever you want cause you will then submit that sitemap to Google so it will know exactly which file to download.

What matters is the file extension it should be .xml
voxnovaitsolutions Offline referral

A site map (or sitemap) is a list of pages of a web site accessible to crawlers or users. It can be either a document in any form used as a planning tool for Web design, or a Web page that lists the pages on a Web site, typically organized in hierarchical fashion
Siddhartha Offline referral

Yes it is necessary that you should name sitemap as it is. Your sitemap will be notified by search engine through that file name only.
Hotel Siddhartha Inn - Hotels in Nagpur

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)