Mind blowing SEO improving and Google rank increasing Signature Rotator SEO Tool.

Thread: 

What does ain't mean?

Ads
destroyer Offline referral

I hear this ain't expression all the time when I watch U.S movies, I have checked the internet but I am a bit confused. Could you give me an example using ain't? And one more thing is it OK to use it during a general conversation? 001_glare
chod Offline referral

Posting Freak
Here is how you properly search online for aint or any other word you need defined for you.

Go to google.com
Code:
define: aint

Code:
am not; are not; is not.
www.AdminEmpire.com
www.BlimptonTech.com - Best Free Online JavaScript tool to minify JavaScript files.
destroyer Offline referral

Can I use "ain't" in a general conversation with my teacher, and just with the ordinary people?
chod Offline referral

Posting Freak
Depends on how "proper" you want to be. Ain't is slang. So I would say no to your teacher. Others up to you.
www.AdminEmpire.com
www.BlimptonTech.com - Best Free Online JavaScript tool to minify JavaScript files.
maya Offline referral

Posting Freak
"ain't" is not very polite, it's OK to say it in the hood, but not when you are in the school!
chod Offline referral

Posting Freak
It has nothing to do with polite or not. It is slang, there is a difference between crude slang and just slang.

Ain't is a southern term and is very commonly used all over the South.

It has to do with how "proper" you are trying to be in your spoken English grammar. In the South it is used in Schools and many other areas of the US. But still they are not speaking proper English when it is used, they are using slang to express that statement.
www.AdminEmpire.com

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)