Mind blowing SEO improving and Google rank increasing Signature Rotator SEO Tool.

Thread: 

What is a backlink in seo

Ads
banner
banner
banner
antony Offline referral

Can anyone help me please? I am retentively new to this SEO, backlinks, pagerank, I mean I have very little idea about how it works. I just came across this backlinks stuff, can you tell me what what is a backlink? Does it help my website?
victor Offline referral

(07-01-2013 10:32 PM)antony Wrote:  Can anyone help me please? I am retentively new to this SEO, backlinks, pagerank, I mean I have very little idea about how it works. I just came across this backlinks stuff, can you tell me what what is a backlink? Does it help my website?

For search engine optimization or (SEO), backlinks refers to hyperlinks pointing to a particular webpage or a website. Backlinks are very important to search engine optimization (SEO), because Google determins website PageRank considering the quality and quantity of backlinks.
Wink
Errol Offline referral

Like Victor said.You can create backlinks by going on to other peoples blogs,read what their blog is about and leave a honest comment on their blog.Not all blogs allow you to leave a comment with your website and your name but the ones that do will certainly help you build backlinks to your blog.Remember to target people that has got to do with what your blog post is about and do about 5 to 10 comments a day.At first do 5 to 10 if it is a fairly new post and then when your post grows older you can do more.
Hope this helped you Smile
marcus_avrelius Offline referral

Support Team
(07-08-2013 11:43 AM)Errol Wrote:  Like Victor said.You can create backlinks by going on to other peoples blogs,read what their blog is about and leave a honest comment on their blog.Not all blogs allow you to leave a comment with your website and your name but the ones that do will certainly help you build backlinks to your blog.Remember to target people that has got to do with what your blog post is about and do about 5 to 10 comments a day.At first do 5 to 10 if it is a fairly new post and then when your post grows older you can do more.

Good Job Errol, your posts are very helpful.Big Grin
celta Offline referral

(07-08-2013 11:43 AM)Errol Wrote:  Like Victor said.You can create backlinks by going on to other peoples blogs,read what their blog is about and leave a honest comment on their blog.Not all blogs allow you to leave a comment with your website and your name but the ones that do will certainly help you build backlinks to your blog.Remember to target people that has got to do with what your blog post is about and do about 5 to 10 comments a day.At first do 5 to 10 if it is a fairly new post and then when your post grows older you can do more.

Hi Errol I hope you don't mind me butting in, but how do you mean by leave a comment with your websites name, do you mean like me now, asking a question and mentioning the website? Or actually setting up a post and co incidently mentioning the website? Or a post/question regards the website?

Please excuse my ignorance, but if you knew the trouble I had actually getting the site up and running I think you would understand lol, almost gave up on numerous occasions, anyway I am just being very cautious, i,e not wanting to cause upset or break any rules.

Thanks celta.
victor Offline referral

Hi Celta I think you've got a point there!
maya Offline referral

Posting Freak
Yes, Search Engine Optimization is all about back links the more back links you have the better your website page rank gets. But you need relevant back links pointing to your website. You can have 1000 backlinks but not all of them are relevant, in stead I with only 10 relevant back links will beat you! Also backlink has to be from a website that has high page rank!
ramu.06051992 Offline referral

Ya , if backlinks are not relevant your website will be hit by google algorithms namely panda algorithm & penguin algorithm
then day to day your site visting status will be decresing by the visitor
chod Offline referral

Posting Freak
And do not forget the key of it having to be a Follow link. No-Follow does not help you other than for others visiting the site your link is on. Hopefully that makes sense.
www.AdminEmpire.com
www.BlimptonTech.com - Best Free Online JavaScript tool to minify JavaScript files.
invisibe_dude Offline referral

Posting Freak
And you need to get back links from high page rank websites
chod Offline referral

Posting Freak
High rank or not, if its a no-follow link it will not help in your SERP's. Only Follow links are what the algo's will use to "help" your site.
www.AdminEmpire.com
www.BlimptonTech.com - Best Free Online JavaScript tool to minify JavaScript files.
letsplay Offline referral

My trick is to get as much links as I can especially nofollow links because they are much easier to get.

I like nofollow links because they bring a lot of traffic to my website, and that traffic will eventually generate for me follow links by sharing my links for free.
chod Offline referral

Posting Freak
Can you explain how traffic you are bringing in actual converts to you getting follow links? Because honestly the statement does not make sense to me. How does a no-follow turn into a follow after you get visitors? Also most of your visitors are going to only be able to link to you with a no-follow as well.

Yes no-follow will get you traffic, but it does not help at all in SERPs especially with Google.
www.AdminEmpire.com
victor Offline referral

(08-06-2013 05:44 AM)letsplay Wrote:  My trick is to get as much links as I can especially nofollow links because they are much easier to get.

I like nofollow links because they bring a lot of traffic to my website, and that traffic will eventually generate for me follow links by sharing my links for free.

I think he's saying that every time someone shares his link he gets a free backlink with possible rel="follow"
chod Offline referral

Posting Freak
Yes but the possibility is even less these days. I would say at least 99% of the shared links are no-follow, especially these days as Google is cracking down on everyone. I get the idea behind as many no-follows as possible, just not the assumption that at some point you "might" get an actual follow out of it.

Also the way google is doing their updated algo's they are penalizing sites if you have endless no-follow links, especially irrelevant low ranking non authoritative links. You get much better results from 5 properly done and placed Follow links that you can with 10K no-follows. You links should be thought of in the same manner that the content on your site is.
www.AdminEmpire.com

Support Team
Don't try to be smarter than Google
chod Offline referral

Posting Freak
You are dead right Marcus_avrelius, the more you try and "beat" or "out smart" Google the faster your rankings and authority will drop. Then your PR score drops, then you suddenly stop getting all that natural free traffic.

Google is still the main beast to play nice with for years to come currently. Everything you do to "beat" their algo's is used against you. And trust me when I say they keep VERY good track of your "attempts"

An example, I launched a new blog where I am putting all my years of how to's and tech notes online in easily followable formats. It has been online 3 weeks now, 0 marketing has been done, 0 backlinks created, basically the only thing that has been done is making sure I get content released daily. In less than a month, I am already in the top 15 for over 30 keywords, top 10 on 12 top 40 on another 50. It is already getting an average of 40 hits a day. This is all with me doing 0. This has not even been submitted to search engines yet either. You play nice with Google, Google rewards you, you play dirty and they will poke you with a hot poker till you fail.
www.AdminEmpire.com
ivan Offline referral

It's easy for someone, who gets tons of free traffic, to say that
chod Offline referral

Posting Freak
(08-07-2013 09:59 PM)ivan Wrote:  It's easy for someone, who gets tons of free traffic, to say that
LOL you have a long way to go my friend and much to learn if that is your response LOL
www.AdminEmpire.com

Support Team
Don't give up now! This is the crucial time, when you feel like that is when you have to push it harder!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)