Mind blowing SEO improving and Google rank increasing Signature Rotator SEO Tool.

Thread: 

What is gzip compression?

Tags: None
Ads
ivan Offline referral

What is gzip compression and how to enable gzip compression and use it?
chod Offline referral

Posting Freak
You do not share enough information to actually tell you how to enable it. Not every type of server is setup the same manner. And some methods are better than others for enabling it.
www.AdminEmpire.com
www.BlimptonTech.com - Best Free Online JavaScript tool to minify JavaScript files.
invisibe_dude Offline referral

Posting Freak
Lets say your website when fully loaded has 500kb and it took 2 seconds to load so what gzip compression does is compressing your 500kb down to 350kb (up to 70%) thus increasing the website load time.

https://developers.google.com/speed/articles/gzip
maya Offline referral

Posting Freak
You have to enable it in PHP.ini
chod Offline referral

Posting Freak
LOL he needs to state if he is on IIS Apache NGINX or what web server he is running. Each have a different method to properly set it up.

invisibe_dude explained it basic enough. It will compress data over the wire to the end user enabling a faster page load.
www.AdminEmpire.com
www.BlimptonTech.com - Best Free Online JavaScript tool to minify JavaScript files.
ivan Offline referral

I am using XAMPP server I think it's Apache based
chod Offline referral

Posting Freak
Yes that is Apache based.

But still I am waiting to hear how you can have an Apache only site
www.AdminEmpire.com
antony Offline referral

I know very little about sites but are you saying Apache is the only server that has gzip compression?
chod Offline referral

Posting Freak
LOL nope not even close to what I was saying. If you actually took the time to read what was stated you would know I am asking what server he is on BECAUSE every web server enables things differently.
www.AdminEmpire.com
ivan Offline referral

Does XAMPP server has gzip compression?
chod Offline referral

Posting Freak
Yes it does, again I did not say some do not have gzip compression. It is all about how its enabled.
www.AdminEmpire.com
invisibe_dude Offline referral

Posting Freak
gzip compression it's a magical tool that compresses the requested web page to decrease site load time

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)