Mind blowing SEO improving and Google rank increasing Signature Rotator SEO Tool.

Thread: 

What is the Canonical Tag ,,,,?

Ads
Ali Raza Offline referral

i am doing some blogging using blogger plateform and somewhere i am confuse with the Canonical Tag, how is it help ful me or is it getting me down in SEO,,, ?
marcus_avrelius Offline referral

Support Team
Read here: http://letsforum.com/Thread-Rel-canonical
apsarasisodia Offline referral

Sometimes our website contains different versions of the same link. It is because of this problem the link juice gets distributed unnecessarily. By Canonical tag we can submerge all the versions into one single link so that all the link juice begins to flow to that particular link.
alicemark15 Offline referral

Another option for dealing with duplicate content is to utilize the rel=canonical tag. The rel=canonical tag passes the same amount of link juice (ranking power) as a 301 redirect, and often takes much less development time to implement. The tag is part of the HTML head of a web page.
Ali Raza Offline referral

(04-08-2016 11:25 AM)alicemark15 Wrote:  Another option for dealing with duplicate content is to utilize the rel=canonical tag. The rel=canonical tag passes the same amount of link juice (ranking power) as a 301 redirect, and often takes much less development time to implement. The tag is part of the HTML head of a web page.

Please tell me i make a blog and there is some url somthing but all the post are under that link if you see the way of linking the every post link create with the main url but i found a canonical tag in my blog html code plz tell me is it good for me or not.
rajkumarji Offline referral

I am listening First time this word Canonical Tag. i don't know what is this
Victor Dub Offline referral

Simple is you can see the site content using more than one URL you have to tell the search engine which one is the main one.
sonam Offline referral

Banned

Banned
Thanks all of you for sharing about Canonical tag.
Paul Boninla Offline referral

Canonical is a value written in ‘rel’ field of the link tag. If search engines come across a webpage with canonical tag in it, they understand that it is the duplicate version.A URL is provided in the link tag which points to original version of the content.
Best Food Truck In LA
ekta0071 Offline referral

Canonicalization for SEOs refers to normalizing (redirecting to a single dominant version) multiple URLs.
gisteam Offline referral

Canonical Tag is an HTML element that helps webmasters prevent duplicate content.
zarawatsonn Offline referral

Canonical tag is used to tell search engine that, the content we are going to posting is taken from a particluar site, and we want to publish it again in another site and not consider it as a duplicate content.
livepro Offline referral

A canonical tag specifies the source URL (or original content page) of a given page to a search engine such as Google. Canonical tags are used to declare a single page as its own source or for duplicate pages to reference their source / originating page. Search Engines use the canonical tag to combat duplicate content issues and assign search engine ranking value for that content to the page designated as the “source” URL.
TopWebDeveloper Offline referral

Another option for dealing with duplicate content is to utilize the rel=canonical tag. The rel=canonical tag passes the same amount of link juice (ranking power) as a 301 redirect, and often takes much less development time to implement. The tag is part of the HTML head of a web page.
johnhastings Offline referral

Canonical link element is an HTML element that helps webmasters prevent duplicate content issue by specifying the canonical tag of a web page in search engines.
LaurenA Offline referral

Canonical tag serves as the reference when two websites have the same content.
macpual Offline referral

A rel canonical tag is a special tag that is inserted into the header of your HTML that helps communicate to search engine bots the relationship of that piece of content to others on your site. Canonical tags tell the search engine bots which pieces of content are the original or primary ones and which are duplicates
cheapprivateproxies Offline referral

Canonical tag used to keep away search engine to display duplicate content. Say you have an old site but you have a new one now with same or similar content. You can then tell search engine which to index and which one not.
Victor Dub Offline referral

One content 2 URL means duplicate content for Google to avoid penalty you use rel canonical
penrix Offline referral

Canonical tag is nothing url issue. If our website home page is available in more than one url and that is called canonical issue. So in that time we have to do url redirection using .htaccess file.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)