Mind blowing SEO improving and Google rank increasing Signature Rotator SEO Tool.

Thread: 

Which is the best FREE forum software

Ads
banner
banner
banner
destroyer Offline referral

I have seen good reviews on vBuletin but right now I am not sure that I can pay $249.00 for a forum script, first I want to learn how to run an internet forum!

So my question is which FREE forum software is comparable with vBulletin features? I am planning to start a video games forum, but do not want to start with vBuletin directly, instead I am planning to start with a free forum script and then switch to vBulletin.

If I use any other FREE program, can I switch to vBulletin later without losing my content and my database?
chod Offline referral

Posting Freak
What have you found in your own research that are free options? Any that you have seen that look good to you? What features about VBulletin are you trying to get in your "FREE" version? Why are your plans to later switch to VBulletin? Is it because that is what you see on some of the top earning forums? What about the other top earners that use "FREE" alternatives?

Me just rambling off a list of random open source versions is not going to really help you any without us actually knowing other than VBulletin copy. You do realize that each will have their own pluses and minuses right? There will even be features on some free versions of things you cant find in a paid version. So to summarize to not actually knowing what you really want feature wise past VBulletin, the responses you get will be nothing different than what a google search would have given you.
www.AdminEmpire.com
www.BlimptonTech.com - Best Free Online JavaScript tool to minify JavaScript files.
maria Offline referral

I don't think you will be able to switch from an open source forum script to VBulletin! Nobody designs their forum software with this idea in mind. I know from the fact that some open source forum script are way better than VBulletin forum, and by using free forum software you will have thousands of experts willing to help you for free.
Best open source forum software, and best support!
Mybb
phpBB
chod Offline referral

Posting Freak
VBulletin has its place is one of the top forum software, most of the biggest in the world run on it. For good reason as well.

Yes it is possible to switch and there are many scripts available, there are caveats to making the switch though but nothing that can not be easily overcome. A company relying on you using their software would be dumb to make it possible to migrate from other systems to theirs. You can find out plenty on migration from another platform to VBulltetin. Or you can hire a company like I run and we do it for you. Easy peasy.
www.AdminEmpire.com
www.BlimptonTech.com - Best Free Online JavaScript tool to minify JavaScript files.
destroyer Offline referral

Thanks chod. Listen, I really like MYbb forum, do you know if it's possible to migrate from MyBB to VBulltetin?
chod Offline referral

Posting Freak
(08-18-2013 10:14 AM)destroyer Wrote:  Thanks chod. Listen, I really like MYbb forum, do you know if it's possible to migrate from MyBB to VBulltetin?
Yup sure is Smile But if you do it yourself, start the conversion a month out, test, test, test. Then do it all over again for the final switch. Migrations like this are no simple task and not to be taken light heartily.
www.AdminEmpire.com
victor Offline referral

If I would you, I would rather spend $250 than face this monumental task
chod Offline referral

Posting Freak
Will cost you much more than that if you have to pay someone to migrate you later.
www.AdminEmpire.com

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)