Mind blowing SEO improving and Google rank increasing Signature Rotator SEO Tool.

Thread: 

Why free forum software is better?

Ads
antony Offline referral

Why many clam free forum software to be better than paid forum script?
maya Offline referral

Posting Freak
Free forum software (open source forum script) is better because it's more secured in comparing to paid forum script.
chod Offline referral

Posting Freak
(10-21-2013 06:22 PM)Maya Wrote:  Free forum software (open source forum script) is better because it's more secured in comparing to paid forum script.
Not always true.
www.AdminEmpire.com
www.BlimptonTech.com - Best Free Online JavaScript tool to minify JavaScript files.
maya Offline referral

Posting Freak
Well if we are talking about some unpopular forum software then yes it may not be secured but those top forum scripts like MYBB and PHPBB are secured because their forum script is constantly hammered by hackers and as soon as they discoverer a security issue the forum software gets updated!
chod Offline referral

Posting Freak
(10-22-2013 12:27 PM)Maya Wrote:  Well if we are talking about some unpopular forum software then yes it may not be secured but those top forum scripts like MYBB and PHPBB are secured because their forum script is constantly hammered by hackers and as soon as they discoverer a security issue the forum software gets updated!
If that were true then why do most of the massive forums out there use paid software?

The same things happens to the paid software as free as far as "being hammered". Most were a free version of some type at one time and have created a company to support massive forums.

But saying one is more secure than another is like saying apples are the same as a bear. Even if you have "secure" software, incorrectly setup by an admin can be just as dangerous and those are not the only variables to keep in mine in regards to "secure".

I can point out open vulnerabilities in both of those pieces of software you stated, you can find open vulns in EVERYTHING! Nothing is immune from that.
www.AdminEmpire.com
www.BlimptonTech.com - Best Free Online JavaScript tool to minify JavaScript files.
invisibe_dude Offline referral

Posting Freak
Free or open source forum script is seen as low tech for a serious company and that is why they choose paid script!
But as Chod mentioned you can have the most secured script in the world but if you fail to set it up correctly then well I rest my case.
chod Offline referral

Posting Freak
No there are many other reasons a huge company would go with a paid forum over an open source. Also company policies are generally in play as well. Even Ubuntu was using paid software and not opensource. Has nothing to do with "low tech". Thinking of opensource as low tech is the wrong way to even be looking at what I was trying to say.
www.AdminEmpire.com
marcus_avrelius Offline referral

Support Team
Open source or paid it's all comes down to personal choice and budget
maya Offline referral

Posting Freak
Vbulletin 5 is the best forum software it isn't free though.

10 Best Open Source Software for Creating a Free Forum Website

phpBB Forums
Vanilla Forums
bbPress Forums
miniBB Forums
Simple Machines Forums
IceBB Forums
YetAnotherForum
YaBB Forums
MyBB
DeluxeBB

Posting Freak
It all depends on many factors! Usually it all comes down to you budget!
wellsworld Offline referral

while it all depends on forum choice and type of investment you are actually willing to put. starting with an open source to gain experience and popularity is not bad. You can later shift to a more unique paid version.
try Mybb!
antony Offline referral

Thanks buddy @wellsworld I think that script is just a tool that will not make you rank high on its own you have to contribute as well. I mean it is up to administrator to make it rise in rankings.

Posting Freak
It depends on many things! Usually paid products are better simply because as it costs money developers have budget to spend on making it better. Open source rely on donations and users help.
webmasterspride Away referral

Many still prefer vBulletin
KevinMax Offline referral

(08-13-2014 09:53 AM)webmasterspride Wrote:  Many still prefer vBulletin
It is not free! and of course vBulletin is popular, because many of the popular forums are using it (vBulletin is a Secured forum script as like Mybb & Phpbb).

(10-21-2013 02:54 PM)antony Wrote:  Why many clam free forum software to be better than paid forum script?
With Zero% of investment with little knowledge in hand, you can start forum business using open source forum scripts. For small-scale businesses, Go for paid ones when you're confident about the ROI. Large scale business doesn't affects much even it lose a single forum.

Some open source software's are less in secure! So please be aware when moving further. MyBB is the better choice among other scripts.
aman786 Offline referral

I think manually Forum posting is better for your website.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)