Mind blowing SEO improving and Google rank increasing Signature Rotator SEO Tool.

Thread: 

WordPress rel = tag & rel = category

Ads
antony Offline referral

I have a serious SEO question! I have noticed that WordPress uses rel="tag" & rel="category" to increase exposure (SERPs) and in turn get more traffic, I mean I can have only one post but since I added a few tags and a few categories my SERPs have been just multiplied by X. How come Google tolerates that it's clearly just another case of duplicate content because all that changes is Title and Description the rest of the content remains the same. And the best of all it works Google actually allows it.

Now here is my question can I also use rel="tag" & rel="category" on my site?
chod Offline referral

Posting Freak
Sure you can use it on your site. Just be aware of what you're doing, why you're doing it, and what really is the reasoning behind CMS's like WP or "SEO" plugins that do things like that.

And what does your serps increased by X actually mean? X couple 10trillion .000000000000000000000000000000001 over 6 months what? And a quick jump in serps does not mean you will have in the long run, and that is really the key if you're worried about these things.
www.AdminEmpire.com
www.BlimptonTech.com - Best Free Online JavaScript tool to minify JavaScript files.
marcus_avrelius Offline referral

Support Team
I think that if your site is not powered by WordPress rel = tag & rel = category will be persived by Google as SPAM and duplicate content. Looks like WordPress is the only company allowed by Google to use those tags. Also what is the point of getting a lot of traffic and have a lot of SERPs if it will only last for a short period of time? You should think ahead and invest in your feature!
invisibe_dude Offline referral

Posting Freak
rel="tag" will not hurt SEO as long as you don't have duplicate content!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)