Mind blowing SEO improving and Google rank increasing Signature Rotator SEO Tool.

Thread: 

special characters in URLs SEO?

Ads
banner
banner
banner
antony Offline referral

There is no doubt in my mind that you and pretty much enayone online came accorss domains that contained special characters, is this something seeing as bad for SEO or it's OK?
marcus_avrelius Offline referral

Support Team
From the SEO point of view it has many advantages. From the user point of view in many cases it's not cool.

You know that domain has to be as closely relevant to your website niche or keywords you are targeting as possible. Why... cause Google users keywords in the domain name. Now let say I want to start a website on "how to make money"

So if howtomakemoney(dot)com is already registered we can use dash special character to play little bit and create a perfect domain: how-to-make-money(dot)com
KevinMax Offline referral

Google have the ability to read any kind of risky URL's. When you go in-depth, the bots are designed to understand the entire structure of URL with symbols combination to know in which intention the user has created this.

Google gives low value to the domain with symbols before (May be 2 years ago). At that time Google has given a bit higher value to the keywords-matching domain & Brand website. But now it equalize the priority to all the domain names (It means a new mismatching keyword domain can beat the brand domain).

special characters in URLs SEO

For Ex:
You can rank a website for the keyword "how to make money" using ervixxuisasznmq(dot)com
You can feel a bit easier when you ranked for the same using how-to-make-money(dot)com

But it is not absolutely true - Any website which it meets the Brand value will be ranked good!

Quote:Now if you are still on the fence, let me just give you a bit of color. that we have looked at the rankings and the weights that we give to keyword domains, & some people have complained that we are giving a little too much weight for keywords in domains. So we have been thinking about at adjusting that mix a bit and sort of turning the knob down within the algorithm, so that given 2 different domains it wouldn't necessarily help you as much to have a domain name with a bunch of keywords in it. - Matt Cutts
seo123 Offline referral

I don't care what Matt is saying in the video above as I know Google strongly relies on keywords in domain names. You can see it every time you search for something you'll see that part of the domain name containing keyword is highlighted.
KevinMax Offline referral

Of Course @SEO123, Google gives a point of importance to the keyword domain than others.

(08-15-2014 02:06 PM)SEO123 Wrote:  I don't care what Matt is saying in the video above as I know Google strongly relies on keywords in domain names. You can see it every time you search for something you'll see that part of the domain name containing keyword is highlighted.

Buddy! Is it enough to take less work & effort for ranking the keyword-domain than non-keyword domain?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)